TD5 stopped while driving along

TD5 just cut out while driving down the road and now refuses to start.

Definately got fuel in the tank.

Changed flywheel sensor just in case it was that.

Checked engine loom for oil and thats clear.

Checked all main fuse's beneath drivers seat ok.

Charged battery just in case it was that, engine turns over but starter is a bit lazy to begin with then picks up.

Checked air filter clear.

Had a service about a month ago but been running ok.

I guess its electrical because it just stopped as opposed to spluttered.

???????????????????

From what I was told by a Finish LR mechanic it can be the yellow relay under the right hand seat. He also said that it can be the "rollover sensor" mounted on the bulkhead just under the bonnet. A simple push with a finger will reset that.

Pushed the little button on the roll over sensor just in case it was that but it made no difference. We looked at the relays and they are a bit dirty from various dunkings so I think changing that will be the next step.

Fuel pump pressure? (IE Pump failure or pressure sensor failure).

I'm just recalling what seem to be frequent posts on the Blackbox Forum.

Good Luck.

You can hear the pump working and there was a guy a few threads back had a similar problem so I tried some of the tips folks posted for him regarding fuel, seems he had run out of diesel in the end.

is it cranking over bob? are the earths good?

Yes it was turning over but not as fast as it should, I think the starter is on its way out.

However, when I looked under the drivers seat box at the two relays I found the brown wire had come adrift which goes onto the black relay, so put it back on yet still made no difference.

Took it over to Roean at Telford and plugged it in to the computer and it was the ECU in the end.

we had a td5 90 in that would start but was turning over fine and had fuel etc etc ended up trying a new starter and it was that. A mate recomened it with some technical bamph to do with currents, amperes and volts! wont bore you with that! lol

Can you believe it, the starter packed in now :angry: .