Shock absorber advice

Yes, the orange ones have failed in about 2 years of normal usage. the landie has spend 99.99% of it's time on the road and on the highway with little or no load in it.

I'm looking for something decent but not too expensive.

What would be suitable?

The vehicle is standard height and uses the 'orange springs'.

Defender 90, Td5, 2002 MY.

Thanks!!

Andrew

Are you sure they have failed?

To my knowledge they were selling delphi decarbon gas shocks (which delphi paint orange as standard), delphi are a reasonably premium brand so I wouldn't expect them to fail in 2 years.

Although they may have changed to rubbish and painted it orange.

For standard length shocks for mostly road use the standard stuff is probably the best compromise. Old Man Emu stuff is undeniably better kit but it is a bit more expensive.

OME are vastly overrated. The only good thing is you can change them on warranty when they fail. They are a good example of marketing for the customer thinks that as they are more expensive, they must be better. (I must admit this is normally true).

If you want Oz dampers there are better on the market.

Ive just changed my procomps after 3 years as the backs have gone all bouncy after the 90 has been stood for a while, Ive fitted a full set of Britparts cellular dynamic ones plus there steering damper. Dont seem to be to bad for the price about 30 is quid each, will have to see how long thay last I supoz.

Anyone ells tried them.

my landie is pretty bouncy, when you press down on the side you can really see the body bounce a few times before returning to normal. taking a U turn especially to the right makes it feel like the real axel is running away.

I've changed all the bushes and anti roll bar linkages last year, so i i doubt it's that.

considering i don't have a very wide choice of shocks in stock here, i may just have to factor in the shipping cost.

yes, it's decarbon, they were fine initially and in the first year, i could feel the difference over the standard shocks, but now it just feels bad.