insa turbos??

discomikey

im going to get my insa turbo special track tyres i have been promised for christmas

ive just been told that the tread might rub badly on the arches in full articulation.

is this true and if so can i get round this probllem without a lift??

cheers

mikey

oops.. just realised you said you dont want to lift it!! best going for the 205r 16 ortion.. would seriously consider lifting it a little bit to get the bigger ones under though!! and they do a 235 85 16 which will probably catch at around 30 inches tall....

Hiya,

I have got Special Tracks - 235 85 16's on my Hybrid Defender which has a 2 inch lift on it. They didn't used to rub until i recently fitted a Warn 8274 winch and heavy duty bumper of which the extra weight has took almost an inch of the extra height away and the arches started to rub near the front edge of the plastic arch when the suspension was fully compressed. All I had to do was trim the edge of the lip near the front edge of the arches by a few mm and it is fine now, longer term I will change the springs for heavier duty ones to put it back up to the full 2 inch lift.

I would really recommend the Special Tracks as they are amazing off road, a bit noisy (hummy) on the road to be expected but if you only use your vehicle for off road mainly except for travelling to the venue as i do it is not an issue. I have had no issues driving on the concrete either with them even when wet and muddy and had to recently pull an emergency stop when another Land Rover stopped in front on me and they behaved fine and gripped suprisingly well.

Hope this helps

Cheers

Simon

ive got my saharas now, i got them from paddocks this morning.

im going o fit them tomorrow and test them out.

cheers for everyones help

mikey

what size and how much mate?? are they directional like the special tracks???? never seen these in the flesh.. is the tread pattern nice and aggressive???

Did you get the 235's then? are you using disco wheels? Just wonder if you loose any lock, I'm thinking of getting these but with basic 8 spoke wheels to get a little more offset. ( The basic cheap ones are within the 4" rule)

what size and how much mate?? are they directional like the special tracks???? never seen these in the flesh.. is the tread pattern nice and aggressive???

i got 235/70/r16 for £209 including vat

theyre on standard disco rims and yes they are directional, but ive not driven it yet as it has a dead battery, so deat that it wont even charge.

ill get it going tomorrow using about 4 tractors and some jumpleads and check for where i need to trim if at all then ill posst up with more info.

theyre listed on paddockspares.com

and heres a picture

mikey

post-13725-1231013718_thumb.jpg

just done some research and maths!!!! the 235 85 16 are taller than tne 265 75 16 tyre..... the saharas are about 60 quid cheaper for 6 than the special tracks..... where do you collect from paddocks??? if its not too far i will give them a bell and get them soon!!

just done some research and maths!!!! the 235 85 16 are taller than tne 265 75 16 tyre..... the saharas are about 60 quid cheaper for 6 than the special tracks..... where do you collect from paddocks??? if its not too far i will give them a bell and get them soon!!

the 235/70/r16s rub a little bit on full lock but nothing to worry about and ive had to make a small adjustment to the rear arches. it took 5 minutes though. :P

pictures to follow.

sorri missd tht question

yes i got them from paddocks in matlock

and here are some pics

post-13725-1231180288_thumb.jpg the tyre catches on the arch a bit on full articulation.

post-13725-1231180381_thumb.jpgso i bent them back, it still looks the same from the side.

post-13725-1231180621_thumb.jpgand now it doesent catch. :P

mikey

post-13725-1231180552_thumb.jpg

sorri missd tht question

yes i got them from paddocks in matlock

and here are some pics

post-13725-1231180288_thumb.jpg the tyre catches on the arch a bit on full articulation.

post-13725-1231180381_thumb.jpgso i bent them back, it still looks the same from the side.

post-13725-1231180621_thumb.jpgand now it doesent catch. :P

mikey

So they're not Disco rims then?

Is that the only catch? The fronts OK? How much have you trimmed, in mm approx?

So they're not Disco rims then?

Is that the only catch? The fronts OK? How much have you trimmed, in mm approx?

they are disco rims, theyre painted black though

any more offset on the wheels and youre into camel cut territory and it can be very hard to do and get a nice finish.

the front wheels dont catch anywhere on full articulation, as i said they do rub on the radius arms on full lock a bit but nothing too bad.

mikey

How much have you trimmed, in mm approx?

it isnt noticeable because i trimmed the lip thar folds in not the actual arch

(the pics are a bit unclear)

i just cut into them up to the existing bend then bent them all the way back, then cut a triangle piece out of the bottom edge of the rear quarter

mikey