h/d shafts and cv,s for 10 spline

kellyv8

ive tried searching to no avail

so the question is what are the options when wanting to run air lockers in a 10 spline axle setup

ie where do i get the best value for money when buying h/d shafts and cv,s

or can i convert the lockers to take 24 spline shafts as there are more options when using the 24 spline setup

all feedback welcome

24 are stronger from a starting point, so I'd recommend 24 over 10 anyway.

I see some one on D44 was selling a 10spline set up recently

thats right i bought them :rolleyes: so now i need to get some beefier shafts and cv,s didnt know wheres the best place to get them from

gkn makes 10 spline h/d shafts - d44 sells them

have them in my 90 with a arb loker and AEU2522 CV's. with 35 simex they have ao far taken all the abuse i have managed to throw at them

i,ll give them a bell tommorrow cheers for the heads up

keep the info coming

gkn makes 10 spline h/d shafts - d44 sells them

have them in my 90 with a arb loker and AEU2522 CV's. with 35 simex they have ao far taken all the abuse i have managed to throw at them

Wont be long, id change to ashcroft cv's but then again they brake as well........... dont ask me how i know :ph34r:

Wont be long, id change to ashcroft cv's but then again they brake as well........... dont ask me how i know :ph34r:

Tell me about it,,

Not had a chance to strip after the last event,, but betting is another front GKN Shaft, :angry:

in standard form the front 10 spline axle with 110 cv (AEU2522) is the strongest standard setup acording to the ashcroft website, this is due to the amount they twist befor they break.

if i were you id sell one of the lockers on, and upgrade to a 24 spline for the rear and run ashcroft shafts, then keep the front as is but with AEU2522 cvs.

i've run that setup now for 2 years and the truck had some more abuse befpre i bought it, so it does last. i tend to only use the front locker when i really have to and have not yet given it full throttle in reverse, while steering hard right with front locker engaged <_<

i've run that setup now for 2 years and the truck had some more abuse befpre i bought it, so it does last. i tend to only use the front locker when i really have to and have not yet given it full throttle in reverse, while steering hard right with front locker engaged <_<

cheers for all ther replies guys gotta lotta thinking to do know