Anderson Plug?? or not??

Hi,

On my recently acquired Defender 110 I have a 12 volt recessed plug on the side of the body, connected to earth and battery positive with hefty high amperage cables. I was looking through the forum to see what connectors could be used with it and saw references to Anderson plugs. This doesn't look quite the same. On the picture the smaller left hand pin is a locator only. Any ideas please.post-13697-1231340522_thumb.jpg

Thanks, I'm impressed with the depth of knowledge on this forum - even the most obscure questions find an answer. They probably adapted something from the Air Force base stores. The Defender certainly isn't 28 volts!! unless thats why it cranks over slowly with a 12 volt battery! Seriously though it doesn't look as though its going to be very easy to source a suitable socket to fit.

I know I'm not able to source a suitable matching plug, they aren't small & on my Unit we don't change them, it's left for Ground Equoipment guys to fix, I'd change it to a 350amp grey Anderson plug & fit a matching one onto your jump leads.