other bits to change while box is off

reeto got me gearbox off to get flywheel skimmed and put another new clutch in

is there anything worth changing while its out

the seal on the back of the of the engine is wheaping very slightly not noticable with engine oil loss nor is there oil everywhere in the bell housing so do i just leave it as its not really p1ssin out

anything else work a change?

oils getting done while its apart too

cheers

dave

one bit to put on the shopping list then :)

also is it worth new bolts on the flywheel and PP? and do you know the compound used to keep the flywheel bolts tightened up? as they were FT and it wasnt standard thread lock

cheers

dave

if the bolts are not damaged, clean them & refit, IIRC it's a 200Tdi you have if so the flywheel bolts need to be torqued to 147Nm no mention of threadlocking compound in the workshop manual. possible new bolts come pre impregnated with the thread locking compound.

& as roy has mentioned replace both too.

change the oil seal. i bought a 110 with not gearbox so could not test it properly. seal looked ok so i did not change it. got the gearbox on. put seat box and all the flooring in. got it up to temperature for the first time and it has started leaking. such a pain. well you learn from your own mistakes. cheers

mines a 300tdi western is that the same practice reg's bolts yet, yet to look at tourque figs have to find that mannual

changed the fork with the chassis swap a month ago only whish this problem was acuring then may have been slightly easier, also poping a new bearing in as the just incase of any contamination in the last month

dave

mines a 300tdi western is that the same practice reg's bolts yet, yet to look at tourque figs have to find that mannual

dave

146Nm for 300Tdi flywheel bolts.

300Tdi/R380 gearbox & LT230T transfer box manual is LR Publication Numbers LRL0070,LRL0003 & LRL0081, got mine from the LRE bookshop IIRC,

mine is the last book on this page

just changing oils and popped the drain plug outta the trans box and out popped wiith the drain plug was a ball bearing prob 5-8mm size thing doesnt look new tho all beaten about

so now woundering were it came from :wacko: last oil change was just over a year ago didnt come out then but it looks like its been there for a while

theres know problems with the box and its smooth etc so all going back together but just cant think were could be from as nowt else came out of the box just a few filings hardly any no other big bits

dave