Hose quandry?!?

Hi all,

the truck developed a new death rattle today and so despite the weather it has prompted me to move ahead with changing the TD for the 200Tdi.

I have resolved some of the plumbing issues (or at least have a good idea of what to do!) but I'm having trouble with the radiator bottom hose. I have looked at as many pictures as possible and trawled suppliers to see what the 'standard' set up would be.

It's a disco Tdi lump and rad/intercooler - which I understand has the waterpump and fan in a different location to the defender. does the standard disco set-up have an extra elbow and straight section that runs across the bottom or the rad? All the hoses I can find seem to finish up at the wrong end of the radiator, as per a TD rad :blink:

If anyone has a Disco-Defender conversion I would be very grateful of some pictures of the radiator and hose set-up - or even pictures of a standard disco (200Tdi) cooling system might help ;)

Anyway off to browse the Disco section for some inspiration!

Dave.

Hi Jon W,

thanks for the fast reply!

The bit I can't get my head around is what happens to the hose in the bottom left of your picutre just out of shot -

The hose I have (which looks very similar to the one in your shot) looks like it will finish just out of shot in the botton left of the image, but the radiator hose union is on the other side of the radiator :huh:

Still baffled?!

Any body got a an exploded diagram of the 200tdi cooling set-up?

Many thanks,

Dave.