ebay advice

gelf

sold my ipod on ebay 2 weeks ago on sunday

i waited a week and no payment......... emailed the buyer so sent a reply saying that he had not got the money to buy it yet....... but it would be sorted in a couple of days.

i still have no payment.... how long should i wait?...... can i leave him some carp feedback and re-advertise or do i have togo through ebay?

Yes, 2 weeks is plenty of time, besides he should not of bid if he culd not afford it. make an offer to the next highest bidder but insist on payment straight away.

Go thru the ebay channels for reporting a non paying bidder, the feedback will be irrelevent after you have started this process.

How much are you looking to get for the ipod? hehe!

dependes how you valve you own feedback, if 100% etc, i would file for not payer refund and then relist, but expect a tit for tat feedback, if you leave a neg,,do his at 59 days 23 hour 55 mins etc,

I sold a Musto jacket , bloke was in Demark, and mailed that he could not afford to buy now, so i relisted it, and just left it at that, without a neg, came back later and bought another one together woth one for his mate, £ 600 worth, so they are not all pillocks !!

sold my ipod on ebay 2 weeks ago on sunday

i waited a week and no payment......... emailed the buyer so sent a reply saying that he had not got the money to buy it yet....... but it would be sorted in a couple of days.

i still have no payment.... how long should i wait?...... can i leave him some carp feedback and re-advertise or do i have togo through ebay?

Covered here:-

http://pages.ebay.co.uk/help/sell/bidders_contact.html

ebay is OK approx 99% of the time but it just needs an idiot like this to spoil it. Follow the instructions contained in the link above and eventually you get your listing fee and final value fee back and be able to re-list your iPod. eBay help with this sort of event is normally great but oh God is it slow.......

work your way thru' all the steps and eventually (and I do mean eventually) you will get back what you expended in listing and 'selling' this item.

I now tend just to sell/buy small low value items (up to about £20) on eBay as I had my fingers very nearly burnt a number of months ago (buying an iPod as it happens) reckon trading in high roller numbers is not just not worth the risk...... and it spoils the fun.....

bad feedback begets bad feedback,send an email to him and to ebay explaining you will re advertise,that way if you geta slating then you could ask to remove.the worlds full of idiots but i believe in karma,what goes around comes around.

that wont work marcus, e-bay do not care less,, bought 18k worth of defender once, the underbidder did a deal over my price, with the vendor, who then asked and got a listing refund, then left me a neg, when i e-mail e-bay all the mails to prove, never even got the coutesy of a reply,, and had a 100% history on over 700 postives

(please pardon the typing, cats spill wiine over the keyboard :(:blink:

that wont work marcus, e-bay do not care less,, bought 18k worth of defender once, the underbidder did a deal over my price, with the vendor, who then asked and got a listing refund, then left me a neg, when i e-mail e-bay all the mails to prove, never even got the coutesy of a reply,, and had a 100% history on over 700 postives

(please pardon the typing, cats spill wiine over the keyboard :(:blink:

Just for the record how did you know somebody had done a deal with the vendor that was over your bid price and how do you know your vendor asked for and got a listing refund,

I presume you filed a report through the buyer protection eBay offers here:-

http://pages.ebay.co.uk/help/tp/isgw-buyer...tion-steps.html

Because, I mailed the under bidder from another account, and offered him, a "similar" defender,, prat mailed back saying that he had bought the one offered,,,,, (he was from bornemouth area)

E bay mailed me as top bidder, that the vendor had asked for a refund, and had stated that the deal was not going through, I replied with all the details and a copy of the underbidder mail,,e-bay, then sent my mail to the vendor, (autosystem ??)and he then got tinkle. and left a neg for me

was later proved even more !! the same vehicle then came up again on e-bay listed by the same buyer,about 3 months ago and was not sold,, then last week was listed by someone in Scotland, again with the same pictures as the original listing I had won !! months earlier !!

hope this make sense, keyboard is all jamming up,, darn cat !!!

I always make sure I state on the auction "Payment to be with me within 7 days of the close of auction".

5 days after the auction close, if no payment or explanation has been received, I email the buyer informing them that they only have two days left to make payment and if nothing is received by that time then a "None Paying Bidder" will be filed against them with Ebay, neg feedback left and the next highest bidder will be offered the item.

If I get an email back saying that they have just posted the money then they get 3 more days and but no more than that.

I also block anyone from outside the UK from bidding as well as anyone with -1 feedback and I think the last one is anyone with a "None Paying bidder" listed against them in the last month, but not sure on that one.

I also ask anyone with less that a feedback rating of 5 or less to email me before bidding or their bids will be removed.

You've got to do all this now cos you just don't know who is out there. :(

had a new email from the buyer today saying that he cant pay until mid March........ god knows why he bid on it in the first place.

so anyone want a 3rd gen Apple ipod 20 gb ......... in exellent condition, all boxes cables etc..... £100 posted to UK.