Transylvania Adventure Trophy 2009

Soliholic

is there a copy of last years comp out? i'd like to see a bit more of the comp

there is a video page on the web site http://www.transilvania-trophy.com/media-video.php

think these are the official videos of the last couple of years..

So how many UK teams are there going to be?

We have put in two teams (four cars) 21 and 31.... Should be fun

Thanks Filipe, if you could get a dvd done i'd love a copy....... is there a copy of last years comp out? i'd like to see a bit more of the comp, from all the youtube clip's this is going to be fun.

So with a new winch i'll give you 7th mate ;):P

Forgot to say not a bad wright up in TOR mate.

The official video with 1h10m, is not out yet. My DVD is still not ready. I am trying to put all the SDCARDS from the camera, into a DVD(it will probably be 3 dvd).

Adrian, the Portuguese (my team), we did 4th in 2008, with a normal car, no GPS experience, and 4 terrible and very bad drivers and co-drivers. So this year your team will do at least 1st place. You are much much better then us, so any place that not the 1st one is no good for you. ;);) . I am expeting that. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

I am sorry about my wrinting, i prefer speaking.

Adrian, PM sent.

Filipe Santos

Portugal

Good luck to you boys, no matter which country you're from!

Don't let that 4 letter thing win 3 times in a row!!!

My new Eagle jeep will look better than that........... well in colour it will! Same axles but mine will be 4Ws :lol:

Filipe i'm not driving :angry: ........Andy Nash is, i will be on his case from the start ;):P:P

Realy looking forward to sleeping out with the Bear's and Wolves :o ......... that's our team introduced! ;):lol:

We're not all from the new forest its only Martin-S that live's in the woods :P

• 2 weeks later...
My driver told me we are part of a team of 2 car's :o look's like i'll have to help them as well....... bet there a pair of novice's who'll keep slowing us down :rolleyes: someone called Paul Bass who ever he is ;):P:P

Adrian,

why don´t you send Paul 2 days in advaced, so that you both finish in the same day... :lol::lol:

Filipe Santos

Ha Ha Ha, Thats rich coming from Adrian (the turtle) Turner, luckily being a team 2 car event you`ll have someone to put you back on your wheels every time you "fall" over!

:lol::lol:

he he, you took your time. :P Have you been following the Mapping thread, some good stuff on there, i think we'll need to buy the disc .........''Andy'' get your card out fella! :lol:

''Going Turtle'' is the only way to get the mud out ;):P

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Filipe Bogger

Are you finally coming to the TAT? I hope so, you were one of the best and nicest teams in the event last year. I wish we will have the usual good atmosphere, share the camp fire and some of the mud holes of the roadbook. I'm already lighting candles in order to have rains in the ending of June in Romania.

I'm team 7 this year.

Hi everyone

Filipe is right, don't look for big and expensive GPS, you only need a compas. Navigation is not easy in the deep forest and you loose coverage many times because of the trees.

regards

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

hmm time is running out for me.

Tow vehicle now has an MOT and is serviced.

Event truck is on the road and managed to test most of the toys at the weekend up at 7 sisters and iam please with its performance. but still lots of work to do..

Main thing now very obvious to me is the lack of space for kit/spares as we only have one support truck between four vehicles we will pretty much have to carry every thing we need for the week.

Out of interest what route are the other uk teams taking and which channel crossing?