Best bushcamp so far

mattD110td5x

Just like to [re]start a new[old] thread....

The family did a 15 day tour round Tassie in late Jan06, 15 consecutive days of blue sky....

and found our best campsite so far;

Bluestone Bay, just north of Whitwater Walls in the Freycinet area.

a little exposed to easterlies or north easterlies but westerly is the dominate wind pattern,

enough room for 4 tents/vehicles.

IMG_0521%20(Small).jpg

IMG_0522%20(Small).jpg

(it's not cold, maybe 23C, the wife is Scottish and thinks she has to wear a fleece everywhere)

and lastly a pinup of the Defender with a bushfire sunset...

IMG_0473%20(Small).JPG

ttfn

Matthew

Reckon you've got it made down there. Beautiful spot for camping and climate to match.

Don't trev . down in Victoria at the moment and it bloody cold compaired to Queensland. i was so clod i had to put jumper on today. it was 24 i mean 24 no wonder i was cold. :lol::P BTW hows your winter there. :lol:

But i was serious about the jumper compaired to Queensalnd it is cold down here.

Just driving from Melbourne to Alderlaide at the moment. About 400ks form alderlaid. I have stopped at alot of camp sites at the moment . But non that are fantastic. will let you know on our way around aus when we find a really good one