Rear winch pics

Bobtail-Jay

A different take on a rear winch in a hard top. I wanted to retain a clear loadspace and have a rear winch for marshalling and challenging.

So, fold up a bit of plate:

post-121-1232891589_thumb.jpg

add a couple of packers and a stiffener:

post-121-1232891626_thumb.jpg

sling it in the back on the B hoop mounts et voila!

post-121-1232891645_thumb.jpg

The solenoid pack needs to go so the winch will sit centrally but that is not a problem.

Stick a demountable fairlead at the back:

post-121-1232891668_thumb.jpg

post-121-1232891695_thumb.jpg

and the job's a good un. :)

QUOTE (leeds @ Jan 25 2009, 01:36 PM)

There again you might say I was biased!!!

Explain?

I just prefer the job done on my 110. LOL

I have no commercial interest in any 4 x 4 business so am not touting for business!

As I said on my first post on this thread it would all depend on what vehicle 90/110 etc and what is the main purpose of the vehicle competition, overland vehicle etc.

My rear winch is on a 110 which is primarily an overland vehicle. Personally I think Four Plus 4 in Leeds did a good job on fitting my rear winch, but there again I am biased :D

The comp lads in the Baltic countries are only allowed one winch so have a demountable winch which they can cart from one end to the other! Mounting plates has 4 (?) key hole slots in it and corresponding 'pegs' at either end of the vehicle. Connections are done via Anderson connectors

Regards

Brendan