Toughbook

Bluemoon

I know some of you are using Toughbooks for sat nav, mmaps and so on embedded I have a CF-18, which has come with a 3g network modem, but no driver to run it. I've looked at the panasonic.ca site and downloaded a driver but havn't been able to install properly(can't get passed initialization). Two things I was wondering, If anybody has a clue to my problems and how to fix and how much is the tariff, just in case its out reach of my pocket. I'm sorry for asking but I've search google and can'tfind anything.

Brian

I know some of you are using Toughbooks for sat nav, mmaps and so on embedded I have a CF-18, which has come with a 3g network modem, but no driver to run it. I've looked at the panasonic.ca site and downloaded a driver but havn't been able to install properly(can't get passed initialization). Two things I was wondering, If anybody has a clue to my problems and how to fix and how much is the tariff, just in case its out reach of my pocket. I'm sorry for asking but I've search google and can'tfind anything.

Brian

We have an explore tough tablet, I know that is not exactly a tough book but we run it using a gps mouse and rarely use a modem at all, it is wireless and will connect to any available unsecured network which is usually enough for us.

On the subject of 3g I have an iphone which is 3g with unlimited downloads and will connect to t'internet more or less anywhere (at differing speeds) this costs me £30 a month but I have been warned to make sure roaming is disconnected if I go abroad or I might need a second mortgage.

Hope this helps

B

Not sure it is possible to have a mobile connection without a SIM. Are you sure it does not have one somewhere - inder a small cover on the bottom of the machine perhaps?

Is there a 'function' key to enable the card? On my laptop I have to press the blue 'function' button at the bottom left and then F9 to make the WiFi work, perhaps yours is similar? Another machine you have to press the same key multiple times to turn on WiFi or Bluetooth or both or neither...

HTH

Chris