4.11 R & P or 4.75 R & P Gears or keep 3.54 R & P

Hello, Im putting 35/12.50R15 BFG Muds on to my 90 but don't know wheater to get the different R&P's, I evently want to get 36/12.50R15 Simex Extreme Trekkers 2, can someone please tell me the difference between these gears and how they help and which one I should get? cheers. Ben

If you don't have that sort of budget then i would suggest that 4.1 ratio will be perfect with the Bfg's in terms of speed on road. We ran our 90" with 36.5 x 12.50 r16 Simex E2's very succesfully for a long time before having a different purpose for the vehicle which required a further gear ratio change.

If it's mainly offroad that your interested in then i would say the 4.75's are better suited to your needs. top speed with the 36's will be ok and low range will be very usable.Dont confuse the 4.75's with series 4.7's as they are very different beasts in terms of strength/tooth count etc.

If you have deep pockets / outstanding fabrication skills and a very understanding insurance company then maybe an axle swap would be better?

Cheers, Steve

What transfer box ratio, 1.44 I assume?

With that then as ^^^ 4.1 is a good choice but you can get similar road manners AND a lower low box combination by running a 1.22 transfer box and 4.75 diffs. I've found the later works for me.

What transfer box ratio, 1.44 I assume?

With that then as ^^^ 4.1 is a good choice but you can get similar road manners AND a lower low box combination by running a 1.22 transfer box and 4.75 diffs. I've found the later works for me.

How would I change to a 1.22 transfer box will I need to get a whole new one? Ben

How would I change to a 1.22 transfer box will I need to get a whole new one? Ben

correct just replace the whole box.

you would get away with 35s on 3.54s and 1.4 but its hard work and hills will be hard on the vehicle.

if your doing mostly on road work then 4.1 but assuming you off road it hence the MTs and height then 4.75 for the offroad lower speeds and grunt plus 1.2 if you do alot of road stuff. or just stick with 1.4 and 4.75s it will just rev hard at 70 etc.

another option underdrive your 3.54s and 1.4 wont help on road hills though.

correct just replace the whole box.

you would get away with 35s on 3.54s and 1.4 but its hard work and hills will be hard on the vehicle.

if your doing mostly on road work then 4.1 but assuming you off road it hence the MTs and height then 4.75 for the offroad lower speeds and grunt plus 1.2 if you do alot of road stuff. or just stick with 1.4 and 4.75s it will just rev hard at 70 etc.

another option underdrive your 3.54s and 1.4 wont help on road hills though.

Will I notice much of a difference between the 4.1 and the 4.75 if I keep the 1.4 transferbox? Just looked at the price's why is the 4.75 alot dearer? Ben