Off road driving for fun

jcb000

Okay like in some of my other posts i want to get into 4x4ing, for fun and to enjoy this wonderful land.

is there places where you can purches Maps etc from that show you all routs that you can use etc.

any ideas or points in the right direction would be handy :D

regards

Jcb

Okay like in some of my other posts i want to get into 4x4ing, for fun and to enjoy this wonderful land.

is there places where you can purches Maps etc from that show you all routs that you can use etc.

any ideas or points in the right direction would be handy :D

regards

Jcb

You could start with the advice here for green laneing. Or for proper off-roading, try Morgan4x4

HTH

Chris

You have to do your own research, firstly by studying ordinance survey maps for likely routes and then checking with the local council responsible for maintaining such routes, to ensure they are still legal to drive on, as not all maps are completely up to date and some routes have temporary restriction orders place on them, to prevent seasonal inclement weather damage.

However as Chris points out read up on the subject and learn the rules, both legal and common sense, that will enable you to enjoy these precious routes.

Join a club, there will be one near you, ask questions, listen, take advice and if you do decide to do your own thing, always try to travel as a pair of vehicles incase you get stuck.

The established 4x4 community take their responsibility towards these routes very seriously and do not tend to publish locations or routes in open forums in order to protect them from indiscriminate users who may not take the same care.

Enjoy.

John

You would do well to find a pay and play site first and learn how to handle your vehicle. If you are on site with a club someone will be willing to ride out with you and teach you a little about how to do things.

If you just go off green laning without these skills you not only stand a good chance of getting stuck but your attempts at getting out could do further damage to the lane/countryside.

Steve

even better is to get some proper training on how to handle your vehicle off tarmac, I went to Dave Bowyers years ago & did the 3 day course, brill cos we [myself/brother] had the whole site & 1 instructor to ourselves for the 3 days.

highly recommend you seek proper professional training.