Microsoft Defender

Neil Marshall

Yes, it's true, a special edition Defender has just been released by Microsoft. And it looks the business!

def24iw.jpg

Isn't she beautiful!! Special signal black finish with upgraded suspension.....

Actually, Microsoft have just released another free anti-spyware product - called Defender - which looks very good indeed. Get it here.

Windows Defender (Beta 2) is a free program that helps protect your computer against pop-ups, slow performance, and security threats caused by spyware and other unwanted software. It features Real-Time Protection, a monitoring system that recommends actions against spyware when it's detected, and a new streamlined interface that minimizes interruptions and helps you stay productive.

Worth installing, my friends.....too much spyware out there.

Neil

Thanks for the heads up but I'm not about to trust Microsoft to protect my PC from viruses and spyware, they can't even make Windows work and they're been at it for 20 years!

In case people are interested, the combo I use is:

ZoneAlarm firewall

AVG Anti-virus & e-mail scanner

Spybot Search & Destroy spyware scanner

All available for free download, my favorite price ;)

Yes, it's true, a special edition Defender has just been released by Microsoft. And it looks the business!

Neil

Cheers Neil just down loaded and giving a whirl as I type.......

Seems to work fine...........no doubt we can expect this to be fully supplied and intergrated with the next version of Windows

Thanks for the heads up but I'm not about to trust Microsoft to protect my PC from viruses and spyware, they can't even make Windows work and they're been at it for 20 years!

In case people are interested, the combo I use is:

ZoneAlarm firewall

AVG Anti-virus & e-mail scanner

Spybot Search & Destroy spyware scanner

All available for free download, my favorite price ;)

Zone Alarm; Check

AVG; Check

Sbybot; sorta, use ad-aware

And finally; Firefox Web Browser, makes Internet Explorer look pants and stops nearly all pop-ups, just by in-built software, unlike other M$ produce :rolleyes:

Firefox tab-ed browsing is ace, I got 15 windows open at present, all tabed along the top of the main window ready for me to jump between them, unlike M$'s "open in new window", oh lets fill my task bar, great.

Oh yeah, Firefox is a FREE DOWNLOAD!!!!

As you may guess, I like it :P

ditto, same set up as minivin, and after 3 years of grief from Norton antivirus I can vouch that its an improvement.

Jas

Funnily enough, I scrapped Norton AV from my computer because while IE was letting pop up windows to open, it then happily let the virus's in :huh: aint had a virus in over a year since I changed over :D