o/t 1992 l200

PITBULL

axle strength wise been offered one real cheap wondering if it would be worth it or not also cant find any spec on them anywhere? what sort of set up have they got i.e isit the same as a pajero any help would be great :o

Not sure about a 1992 version but I had a 2000 one and it was the biggest pile of poo I ever drove , 3 point turns were done in 5 , had a bad back on long journeys from the rear cart springs .

+ side = It had a LSD diff in the back as standard .

yes they are the same (ish) as a pajero suspension wise (independant front double wishbone with torsion beams and rear beam axle on cart springs)

they drive poor are not great on fuel either

rot like a disco

quite poo really but if its very cheap for a toy would prob be ok

i would rather have a old hilux myself tho

rob

yes they are the same (ish) as a pajero suspension wise (independant front double wishbone with torsion beams and rear beam axle on cart springs)

they drive poor are not great on fuel either

rot like a disco

quite poo really but if its very cheap for a toy would prob be ok

i would rather have a old hilux myself tho

rob

Many are only rear wheel drive.

Dad has one which is a 1994 model has had a fair hammering and not really had any problems, smokes like a burning [insert choice of witticism here] though and I always felt sick sitting in the back. I've never driven it on tarmac (because it's never been on tarmac since it was new, off road and gravel roads only as its out on the farm 100 miles from the nearest bit of tarmac) so can't comment on that but as with most long wheelbase crewcabs (my Ranger is the same) the gravel roadholding is pretty good. Also as with most crewcabs the suspension is awful and a bit like riding a spacehopper while drunk to travel in off road - you're not sure which way its going to bounce next. The auto free wheeling hubs pack up (Dad's went in the bin a while ago after driving it in 2WD for a few years) but can be replaced with solid hubs for a moderately expensive one off cost. Other than that I don't think its had anything horrendously expensive - apart from the fact just about everything is horrendously expensive.