New Army 4WD

Bill Wright

Yes, I dont know what our forces over here will use once the Perentie 4x4 and 6x6 LandRovers reach their sell by date. It's been a bit of a headache for Landrover to supply and maintain these vehicles with the long obsolete LT95 4 speed gearbox and 4bD1 Isuzu deisel engine. I doubt the Defender in any of its guises would be considered by our forces.

Bill.

• 1 month later...
Bill

Got a mate who works in Hereford and he seems to be on the understanding that LR days are numbered, for their use anyway. He wouldn't elaborate any more than that.

Duty rumour here in Brecon is that our Defenders are to be replaced in the next ten years with , wait for it G wagons, even though we have just had 15 brand spanking new 110s

Russ

Guest WALFY

Russ

I'd be surprised if it was G wagons. But if we keep going down the path of integration with NATO, then I'm sure the Germans will convince everyone that we all NEED their kit.

Russ

I'd be surprised if it was G wagons. But if we keep going down the path of integration with NATO, then I'm sure the Germans will convince everyone that we all NEED their kit.

Nah, it'll all be HumVees by then.

We'll have to buy them off the Yanks because we'll be so much in debt after the current gulf nonsense.

Few more years and there wont be a market for the Defender anyway, what with pedestrians not having to use crossings...

The Supacat looks a nice tool, wonder what its crew capacity is though because it looks very small under that rear cage.

It's like a giant spaceframed Ferret!