Which winch fits in floor of 110 in between the chassis

Hi everyone.

I have a 300tdi 110 which is of the road at the moment. I have had a rear crossmember built and fitted and had this made so there is a slot in it so i can install a winch, I have brought 2 new 90 fuel tanks to go under the front seats, so there will be space for a winch now where the 110 fuel tank normaly is.

Does any one know what winch is the best for fitting in this area and dose any one make a tray for it? I am happy with a electric winch but it would be nice if it was the better water proof type,

Any one done it, or any ideas?

Pretty much all of the low line winches fit, but be careful as the TDS winches (the most waterproof) are a very tight fit and if you have cheek plates on your winch tray that are too thick it may not fit!

Has the fairlead slot and bolt holes been cut out of the cross member?

If so then their location will determine whether certain winches will fit or not. For example the Superwinch EP9 and Goodwinch TDS need the fairlead slot in the middle of the cross member, where as other winches such as the warn XP and Superwinch Husky require an offset slot to one side. The same goes for the mounting bolts, but these you could atleast drill another set without any problems, unlike the failread slot.

Most manufactures have winch dimensions on their webistes so you can check whether they will fit or not.

Hi chaps

Many thanks for the good info the rear crossmember was made up off 5mm with a slot made in the center, i have had a look at the goldfish tds and that will work with whats been done and apparently is very good for the money will be looking at the trays on devons website,

thanks for the advice regards Antony

be careful as the TDS winches (the most waterproof) are a very tight fit and if you have cheek plates on your winch tray that are too thick it may not fit!

Just been out to measure this up, as it was bothering me.... Bish, you and I both have a TDS 9.5 with a Bowmotor attached, the Bowmotor is nearly 175mm from mating face to the little allen bolt on the end of it, I have a spare TDS 6.5 motor here (don't ask! :P) which only measures 150mm mating face to outside edge. With the 6.5 motor attached the winch fits very nicely, with plenty of spare, with the Bowmotor I had to trim a notch out of the tray cheek to get it to sit down properly (about half an inch deep).

As said, this is with a Bowmotor... no idea on the dimensions of a 9.5i motor... so... if anyone has a TDS 9.5 motor knocking around to measure face to outside it would confirm if it's a problem for standard winches or just for Bowmotor upgraded TDSs...

Anyone? :)

Thanks!

As said, this is with a Bowmotor... no idea on the dimensions of a 9.5i motor... so... if anyone has a TDS 9.5 motor knocking around to measure face to outside it would confirm if it's a problem for standard winches or just for Bowmotor upgraded TDSs...

Anyone? :)

Thanks!

i should have a standard tds 9.5 comming in in the next couple of weeks so unless someone beats me to it i can help you then ;)

dan