Universal boot for Transfer box lever???

Steve 90

Anybody have any ideas for a universal boot that I could use for the transfer box lever?? Ive googled the net and cant find anything that isn't some form of Boy racer "Carbon look" and otherstuff equally as pathetic or a "Classic leather" style which aint really the thing im after. I just want a rubber boot and surround that will fit to a flat surface and will need to be reasonably short for a transfer lever. I must admit I didn't think it would be hard to find as there must be stuff like this used for Kit cars etc all the time but I cant find anything.

Any help much appreciated.

Steve.

Try a chandlers, they use a large flexible grommit thing that the control bars go though to an outboard motor. They work perfectly for transfer box levers as they seal around the lever, mount to a flat surface and have 360 degree movement.

Typical items...

http://www.universalchandlery.co.uk/outboa...ommets-78-c.asp

You need to get one a bit larger diameter than you'd expect to make sure you get full movement.

ive used a witches hat, they are used to finish off holes that have been cut in boats for the cables to come through,

cant remember what size hole they are atm, i can check tomorrow when im at work though

do a search on goggle it should bring them up

dan