Roofrack

yellow

Not sure on the official rating, though I know it's suprisingly low...

However, on my rack, box steel with 5 supports on each side attached to roof gutter I've had 10 foor 8x4 sheets of 18mm MDF...

Once also had a 10x8 garden shed...

Has anyone else see the photo of Guy's 109 in about 98 with two pallets of 8'x4'x2" polystyrene insulation on the roof rack.

He collected them from Southampton and drove to Portsmouth with and didn't get stopped. :o

The pallets are 4' high each

I think the official figure is 75kg or something, quite low. Prob less than that photo anyway :D

But in reality it is how long it is up there for and what sort of roads you are traversing - you could probably put half a ton up there for a short trip on smooth tarmac but if you drove across Africa like that your roof would be reduced to a number of components fairly quickly!

oubm1w.jpg

In Peru - 4 blokes and a bloody heavy raft and thats on top of the roof tent, hi-lift, waffles and spare tyre!

It handled a bit like the raft did too! :lol: One of the guys on the roof was very pleased to get down!

Tom