AWDC Challenger Round 3 (Tixover) Some thoughts

Having been to Tixover a few times for Winch challenges, I thought it is a bit small for a 40 punch (and possibly 40 car) Winch Challenge.

All the previous times it was one of 3 sites used for a challenge event with the paddock area at the Castle Inn.

I've included a picture overlaying Tixover over Slindon at the same scale and the tixover site is not much bigger than the open area in slindon that the paddock was in! (except the extreme, no tree mud hole out back of Tixover sticks out of this area)

post-1948-1241652227_thumb.jpg

Thoughts on how well this site would handle a Winch challenge event by itself?

Do you have an address for Tixover? or some way for me to bring up an aerial photo of the site from Google Maps please.

And also what the boundries are for the site.

Many thanks

Ben

Do you have an address for Tixover? or some way for me to bring up an aerial photo of the site from Google Maps please.

And also what the boundries are for the site.

Many thanks

Ben

Link http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&sour...mp;t=h&z=17

I've annotated a picture with boundaries and other stuff including some (but not all classic punch locations)

post-1948-1241724759_thumb.jpg

PS you will need need to clear the site of punches as there are usually loads left in place from previous events like the Ultimate and Santa's challenges (or you could re-use them)

After hearing Paul, French Dom and Mr Nick talking about tixover, i dont think its going to be there Andy.

By the sounds of things it's going to be yarwell or cradal grass if the sites are avalible. But this is only what i over heard.

I think Zardos is right (and not because he's my brother !!) Tixover is small ,the lake with its grinding paste water will wreck you car , no out of the way camping area, sheer drops into the lake on 3 sides , nothing bigger than a 2 inch stick within 200 yards out the back to winch off. As you can see I HATE the place. Yarwell on the other hand is a sandy type site with much better and varied terrain , a better camping area and while not as big as slindon is I am sure larger than Tixover.....Zardos time for a Tixover / Yarwell overlay

Out the back of Tixover you wont roll.......... if it's wet you just wont move! :huh::lol:

Does pig no tixover as well as slindon ....................................... :rolleyes:

Dan

Come on Turner round 4,5,6!!!

Les appears to have it in for me - for the life I me I can not think why... :lol:

Tixover - at the mo, I can not even think where it is. :lol: not a good start. assuming its still at tixover, when the time comes.

Co-drive or competition for you!!! ;)

Pig no's it well enough........

Les appears to have it in for me - for the life I me I can not think why... :lol:

Tixover - at the mo, I can not even think where it is. :lol: not a good start. assuming its still at tixover, when the time comes.

In the gate and on your right we have a bl**dy big block of concrete, we usually have to drive onto or over it and it has those nice lump's of steel sticking up :angry: and after that we have the lake with large No bl**dy large rock's around it! remember bathtub driving up the rock face :rolleyes: and me crossing the gap on 2 wheel's.... twice :o

Other than that it's a tame site......... good for a clubman event :lol: