Ongoing suspension problems...

rhydgte

For about a year my Discovery has been leaning to the right by a fair amount.

It was fitted with +2'' Suspension Kit before I bought it, so I thought a rear spring had sagged, so this week I bit the bullet and bought brand new +2'' Bearmach rear springs and have fitted them today!

It still leans/sags exactly the same.... :angry:

From taking various measurements on both rear sides I can confirm that the driver's side rear sits 2 1/4'' lower than the passenger side.

It has new springs fitted so can't be that, could it be a seized trailing arm bush???

Hopefully someone can shed some light!?

Cheers

It was fitted with +2'' Suspension Kit before I bought it, so I thought a rear spring had sagged, so this week I bit the bullet and bought brand new +2'' Bearmach rear springs and have fitted them today!

From taking various measurements on both rear sides I can confirm that the driver's side rear sits 2 1/4'' lower than the passenger side.

It has new springs fitted so can't be that, could it be a seized trailing arm bush???

Cheers

hello mate i have the same problem but i was thinking it may be the body lift bushes warn on one said i may be wrong does any body know :unsure::blink:

hello mate i have the same problem but i was thinking it may be the body lift bushes warn on one said i may be wrong does any body know :unsure::blink:

I thought that initially but if you look the rear of the body sits on some rubber stops on the chassis rails (right above the spring turret), so I can't see (on mine anyway) how it can be the body itself 'tipping over' due to worn mount/bush... I might be wrong though!

Yes, any ideas??

Cheers

Hi there, when I first fitted my 2 inch lift kit to my disco, I found that mine leant over to the drivers side too I found that being the clever clogs I am i'd put the springs the wrong way round. I.e. the springs have a right and left as well as a front and back. So I swapped the coils left for right (as all four were wrong :() and its been straight and level ever since!! I suggest taking the front springs off, and then find level ground and put them next to each other, if one is taller than the other, that is the drivers side spring. Same, though less noticeably, with the back springs. Hope this helps. Apologies if im telling you what you already know!

Ryan

Have you measured the ditance between the bumpstop and the flat palte on the top of the axle?

My disco sits dead level if you take this measurement, but leans by 25mm if you measure wheel-arches to ground on both sides...

Hi there, when I first fitted my 2 inch lift kit to my disco, I found that mine leant over to the drivers side too I found that being the clever clogs I am i'd put the springs the wrong way round. I.e. the springs have a right and left as well as a front and back. So I swapped the coils left for right (as all four were wrong :() and its been straight and level ever since!! I suggest taking the front springs off, and then find level ground and put them next to each other, if one is taller than the other, that is the drivers side spring. Same, though less noticeably, with the back springs. Hope this helps. Apologies if im telling you what you already know!

Ryan

Cheers for the info I'll have a look tomorrow!

Front Springs are also brand new HD items, and all tyres at same psi B)