Vehicle Modification Notification Advice

I have checked through a number of the forums including Tec archive and pinned topics to see if there was/is a related topic/thread and couldn't find one so I'll ask the following:

When I have completed the modifications to my 110 - which will include the installation of power steering (thus reducing my need to be Mr Universe just to turn the steering wheel ;) ) transferring the 200TDi engine from my Disco and probably the transfer box, what happens when it comes to going for the 110's MOT as the current one has expired? Do I just advise them that it has had power steering fitted or do I just let them open the bonnet and see if they notice any thing different? Are they likely to be more strict because of the mods done? Will the 110 have to have any other inspections/certification done before/after the MOT and what other official bodies need to notified to make sure it is all above and legal? I guess the insurnce company will need to be advised of the engine mod? :huh:

Thanks for your time

IMHO........... (so a wide selection of caviats apply :P )

PAS - a std fitment, so all you have done is fitted a std part to your LR

Engine - again a Std part BUT its got a ref number on it, and its a "Reportable" item, to

DVLA, so amend the log book, send them a letter explaining what you have done, the

new engine number, and you will need proof of purchase to show where it has come from etc.

Insurance co, tell them about the PAS - they will prob be uninterested, and its the same prem

for a LR with or without PAS :lol:, but the engine they will want and need to know about :)

HTH

Nige

You will need to advise DVLA of the engine change and supply them the new engine number.

No need to tell an MOT tester about any of the mods- they should be no more strict with a modified vehicle than a stardard one.

You must tell your insurer about ALL modifications- in the event of them inspecting it after any accident any undeclared modifications could potentially invalidate your insurance (they are likely to pay only the third party claims)

• 3 weeks later...

how can i get alot of power and alot better 0-60mph in a 200tdi but i want about 150 to 250 bhp and still get about 25mpg 20mpg at the lowest iam going to get it tuned by one of my dads mates but what can i do in the mean time

Edited by Miserableolgit
Edited to reduce text size and colour. Please refrain from using over large text, the standard size will do.

how can i get alot of power and alot better 0-60mph in a 200tdi but i want about 150 to 250 bhp and still get about 25mpg 20mpg at the lowest iam going to get it tuned by one of my dads mates but what can i do in the mean time

Sell it and buy a different car?