Swivel Pin Replacement

FOS1

Moring all. I have a disco 200, 2.5 diesel. Can any one help me. The swivel pin oil seals are having trouble holding back one shot greese, never mind oil. It looks like they are 'pitted'. So its time to replace them. Can any one tell me where i can get the kits from, including the swivels, at handy money. Paddocks sell them at 60 quid, but i have seen so much bad press about brit parts stuff so i dont think i will bother going down that road.

Also when i changed the cam belt on her, i looked on this site and found a link to 'step by step' instructions, including photographs, socket size, and very easy to follow instructions, that someone had posted here, and it made the job really easy. Is there something on here the same as that only for the swivel pins?

I have had a look but can not find anything

Thanks for help in advance. Paul @ Donny

post-14709-1241943609_thumb.jpg

I'm doing my swivels at the moment.

Takes less than an hour to dismantle one housing.

You can remove the brake calipers without undoing the brake pipes and then hang the caliper on bent wire or string hung from a suitable point in the engine bay.

The lower swivel torx screws are held fast with loctite. When you have drained and wiped away the oil/grease heat the lower swivel housing externally at the two torx screws with a plumbers blow torch for 2- 3 mins. The Torx screws can be easily removed. Do this on the vehicle or like me remove the complete swivel housing at the axle tube and do it on the bench.

I rebuilt and set the swivel preload on the bench this evening. Tomorrow re-assembly on the vehicle.

i did mine 2 week ago, used britpart housing, timken bearings. i was going to use the britpart bearings which came with the kit but was warned off. see my post.

I agree, always use Timken or GKN bearings they only cost a few quid more for the better quality.