Co2 bottle storage

davidlandy

Does anybody about the the legalities (if any) of storing bottles of CO2 at home?

got a nuisence neighbour who is stiring things up for me by threatening the local council about me storing gas on my premises!!

Not completely sure, but I can't think of any reason not to. If you can store oxygen and Acetylene for a gas welding kit, I can't see any problems storing a non-flamable gas. Just tell them that you are quite within your rights, as you have done a 'COSHH' assesment, and a 'risk assessment'. If he pushes any further, just say that if he keeps on causing trouble, he 'risks' having his teeth pushed down his throat with a coshh :D

Not very helpful, I know, but there we go.

Why don't you ring the HSE on 0845 345 0055. They will be able to give you chapter and verse.

it is legal to keep a co2 fire extinguisher in one's home is it not?

co2 is co2 is co2. i dont think it matters what you use it for, especially as you are free to discharge it straight into the atmosphere and in an enclosed space when your kitchen goes on fire.

Well I keep 2 bottles of argosheild without any agro.

Bear in mind its perfectly legal to have the bottles of calor gas for your bbq or gas heater and thats flammable. So far as non flammable gases go I shouldnt think the council will give a toss.

I beleive the only gas you'll have trouble with at home is acetylene, but plenty of people still have that at home - insurers run a mile when you mention it though!

That is all unless you're storing silly quantities of it - how many bottles are we talking about?

Jon

Well I keep 2 bottles of argosheild without any agro.

Bear in mind its perfectly legal to have the bottles of calor gas for your bbq or gas heater and thats flammable. So far as non flammable gases go I shouldnt think the council will give a toss.

I beleive the only gas you'll have trouble with at home is acetylene, but plenty of people still have that at home - insurers run a mile when you mention it though!

That is all unless you're storing silly quantities of it - how many bottles are we talking about?

Jon

Jon

2 pub bottles - currently empty

1 fire extinguisher bottle - full.

know what u mean about acetylene , but i must admit that i thought/think that co2 was pretty much ok

If your PIA nieghbour did get the council to visit you, I reckon Nieghbour would be told to Poke off & stop being a timewaster/stupid.

2 empty cylinders are no danger & as the 3rd item is a fire extinguisher, Can't see what the problem is.