upping my GVW

Hi,

Can anyone tell me how to up the GVW on my 127 from 3050kg to 3500kg?

Is it just a case of changing the weight on the V5 and sending it off?

It has the salisbury axle, HD springs/dampers, helper springs etc.

Cheers

I thought all 127/130 were 3500kg anyway :unsure:

not the wrong vin plate fitted is it?

Its an 1985 110 that has had its chassis stretched to 127 at some point long ago. Don't think it was a factory stretch though.

As all 110High Caps and 127/130's share the same mechanicals (bar propshaft) can it actually be upgraded?

Cheers

best to check with VOSA depot i think

years ago my dad tried to change the weights on an old water board dodge truck, all sorts of a minefield insued, with it having to be replated by the ministry, as well as being retested etc etc etc...in the end it was too much hassle and he put the old springs back on.

Its an 1985 110 that has had its chassis stretched to 127 at some point long ago. Don't think it was a factory stretch though.

As all 110High Caps and 127/130's share the same mechanicals (bar propshaft) can it actually be upgraded?

Cheers

It'll be a factory [sV] job, a mate had a A reg 110 V8 127, that started life as a 110 V8 SW & was converted to 127 by LRSV.

Down-rating anything is not a problem. Uprating, you've got to jump through hoops. Backwards.

We've got a similar problem at the moment. We bought a new Isuzu 7.5 ton chassis cab, built a tilt and slide body and a spec lift on it. Isuzu dealers should have checked the paperwork when they registered it, but they never.

For whatever reason, there is no train weight on the vehicle, meaning it can't legally tow a trailer, let alone use a spec lift.

All it would have taken was '3500kgs' to have been written in the relevent box on the paperwork when it was registered.

To do it in retrospect, once it's already registered, is a complex/expensive exersize. We still (three months on) havn't got it sorted As a result not only can we not use the spec lift, we can't use the vehicle at all on the police contracts.

I'll keep you updated with the legal process if you're interested.

Down-rating anything is not a problem. Uprating, you've got to jump through hoops. Backwards.

We've got a similar problem at the moment. We bought a new Isuzu 7.5 ton chassis cab, built a tilt and slide body and a spec lift on it. Isuzu dealers should have checked the paperwork when they registered it, but they never.

For whatever reason, there is no train weight on the vehicle, meaning it can't legally tow a trailer, let alone use a spec lift.

All it would have taken was '3500kgs' to have been written in the relevent box on the paperwork when it was registered.

To do it in retrospect, once it's already registered, is a complex/expensive exersize. We still (three months on) havn't got it sorted As a result not only can we not use the spec lift, we can't use the vehicle at all on the police contracts.

I'll keep you updated with the legal process if you're interested.

bit of a foul up by the dealer then, did they know of the intended use ?

Not only did they know the intended use, they requested the vehicle back for a photoshoot for Isuzu UK once it was built. It is now in a lot of the Isuzu sales brochures/marketing stuff.

And it's been in loads of full page Isuzu adverts in the trade magazines.

Good publicity I suppose, even if the truck is of knack all use :( .

So if you see an Isuzu advert featuring a yellow and white recovery truck parked under Middlesborough's Transporter Bridge, you can have a little laugh about it :lol:

Not only did they know the intended use, they requested the vehicle back for a photoshoot for Isuzu UK once it was built. It is now in a lot of the Isuzu sales brochures/marketing stuff.

And it's been in loads of full page Isuzu adverts in the trade magazines.

Good publicity I suppose, even if the truck is of knack all use :( .

So if you see an Isuzu advert featuring a yellow and white recovery truck parked under Middlesborough's Transporter Bridge, you can have a little laugh about it :lol:

you'd have thought someone in the dealers would have realised the error & done something to correct it.

it'll be this one

http://www.isuzutruck.co.uk/news.asp

Cheers

I't ddepends what you mean by mechanicals?! My 130 has different suspension to that of any standard 110 hicap. Contary to popular belief 110 hicaps don't gross at 3500kg as standard!

Yep you can get yours upgraded contact vosa and be prepared to ask how high to jump when mr vosa starts clicking his fingers you'll be jumping through hoops!

madmatt,

I've bought the correct 130 springs, dampers and helper springs.

The front 130 springs are heavy duty 90 rears.

I dont think the chassis are any different.

Rear axles were all Salisbury types (not sure if the TD5 130's have a rover axle?)