hello

hi just thought i would say hello,found this via another forum but it seems that there are afew more peolple on here from my neck of the woods (9 miles west of taunton) read the disco tdi conversion and i must say its a great thred ,i have a 110 csw with the dreaded 19j engine(which i want to change when funds allow)and i also have a series 3 swb with a 3 litre v6 (soon to be a peugeot diesel) so hello for now and now that i have found this site i will be back :D

cheers warren

Yes welcome Warren. Bit noisy in the Int forum right now but there's some good events being planned for the southwest inc a new site in the Taunton area so hope you hang arround and maybe we'll get to meet.

Yes welcome Warren. Bit noisy in the Int forum right now but there's some good events being planned for the southwest inc a new site in the Taunton area so hope you hang arround and maybe we'll get to meet.

that would be great can you tell me a bit more about the site?

its always struck me that we live in an area with all these hills and there always seemed less going on around here than in the more populated areas

either that or i was looking in the wrong place :rolleyes:

cheers warren

that would be great can you tell me a bit more about the site?

its always struck me that we live in an area with all these hills and there always seemed less going on around here than in the more populated areas

either that or i was looking in the wrong place :rolleyes:

cheers warren

Hi Warren -

don't know where you've been then, as I'm not far up the coast from you in North Somerset - and tend to head down your way a fair old bit as there are some lovely lanes in your area.... :D

Like Ralph (Western) I've also got a 110 which went from 19J to 200Tdi - brilliantly simple conversion and absolutely makes the vehicle. I've got the "official" Land Rover conversion instructions somewhere (they used to offer it as a factory re-power upgrade) - give me a shout if you want to hook up and have a look under the bonnet..!

Cheers,

Matt

Hi Ralph -

Nice easy conversion isn't it?!

I managed mine in a weekend - on my own... ;)

Drove in on the Friday evening and had it installed and running sunday afternoon - on the road for Monday morning. Probably wouldn't have managed it that quickly without the instructions though!

Cheers,

Matt

Hi Ralph -

Nice easy conversion isn't it?!

I managed mine in a weekend - on my own... ;)

Drove in on the Friday evening and had it installed and running sunday afternoon - on the road for Monday morning. Probably wouldn't have managed it that quickly without the instructions though!

Cheers,

Matt

are these instructions for a defender 200tdi or discovery ?

Warren,

hi there, my truck cabs running a 200tdi LR dealer fitted (before i got it) plus have the brochure that came with it def 200 engine though. i have also done a 300 into a 110 2.5 petrol and jsut done DSNs 200 disco engine into his 90 (was 19J) hence the thread addition on the tech which you have seen. i am Minehead side of Taunton, around if you wish to discuss when your looking at doing the change.

Si White and Walfy are two others i know of on here running disco 200tdis in def, although both of them go with the std disco mountiong options for the PAS and alt, unlike the one we did for Dans.

Warren,

hi there, my truck cabs running a 200tdi LR dealer fitted (before i got it) plus have the brochure that came with it def 200 engine though. i have also done a 300 into a 110 2.5 petrol and jsut done DSNs 200 disco engine into his 90 (was 19J) hence the thread addition on the tech which you have seen. i am Minehead side of Taunton, around if you wish to discuss when your looking at doing the change.

Si White and Walfy are two others i know of on here running disco 200tdis in def, although both of them go with the std disco mountiong options for the PAS and alt, unlike the one we did for Dans.

thanks for that jst,it wont be happening for a while yet as i have got to put an engine in my series also need to save a bit of cash but i will keep you in mind and no doubt be pestering you when the time comes

cheers warren

i am 10km from you then, just off the A358 triscombe way.

if your free on the 2 April you may want to check out the event at Crowcombe being run be another forum member. its aimed at std vehicles.

i am 10km from you then, just off the A358 triscombe way.

if your free on the 2 April you may want to check out the event at Crowcombe being run be another forum member. its aimed at std vehicles.

thanks for that i will put it on the calender what would i need just my landrover?

i'm waiting for Heldy to give some more directions as to exactly where it is. i iwll be going C520 ULR, green truck cab if you see me give me a shout, prob wont compete on reflection.

great if you can let me know i will see you there,dont know which one i will be in yet depends if the missus wants to have a look ,it will either be a grey 110 or a green series swb thats half rubbed down :D

warren

Hey Ralph,

Discovery version into a 90 done by Les Henson

and me, with my bit on the end.

jst how much help could you give? only its looking like i may need one sooner than later and if i have to do it on my own then its probably a no go or would you do it for a fee?

warren

jst how much help could you give? only its looking like i may need one sooner than later and if i have to do it on my own then its probably a no go or would you do it for a fee?

warren

forget the above all sorted now