Transfer Box query

I've got a Disco trans.box to fit to my 90. I had to remove the front drive flange to

replace the prop. bolts. It seems to be stuck in difflock. The selector arm moves and

the detents can be felt. Sometimes it seems to free, but when rotating the gears I can

hear clicking, and then it locks again.

When I got the box it seemed all ok. It has been lying about for a while, inside. Do you

think its just got dry and sticky, or have I upset something removing and replacing the

drive flange? Any advice would be gratefully received!

I've got a Disco trans.box to fit to my 90. I had to remove the front drive flange to

replace the prop. bolts. It seems to be stuck in difflock. The selector arm moves and

the detents can be felt. Sometimes it seems to free, but when rotating the gears I can

hear clicking, and then it locks again.

When I got the box it seemed all ok. It has been lying about for a while, inside. Do you

think its just got dry and sticky, or have I upset something removing and replacing the

drive flange? Any advice would be gratefully received!

When you use the difflock, i often find i need to run it in reverse a short distance to disengage it. I'd connect it back up and try this.

When you use the difflock, i often find i need to run it in reverse a short distance to disengage it. I'd connect it back up and try this.

Thanks for the response, but the box is not fitted yet. As far as possible, I wanted to make sure it was ok first.

as most Discovery vehicle rarely get used in difflock it's most likely partly siezed, operating it while rotating the transfer box gears should hopefully get it working again.

Thanks. Removed the side plate today. The diff. lock is working correctly. Seems its a problem with the centre diff. Feels as though there is something amiss with the planet gears, sometimes it will spin and then jam, as though something has got in the teeth, locking the diff. that way.

Is it worth investigating further, or should I start looking for another t/box?