Surrey Lanes Closure - Beggars & Drove Road, Shere/Abinger

Guest otchie1

Guest otchie1

SCC have proposed that the temporary TROs on Drove Road & Beggar's Lane be made permanent.

Polite letters of objection can be emailed to debbie.spriggs@surreycc.gov.uk

Please give your name and address otherwise you are likely to be ignored.

You do not need to be a resident of Surrey to object.

SCC TRO proposal details attached.

Objections must be in by 10th July - please write if you can, it only needs to be short.

Drove.BeggarsTRO_letter_1.pdf

SCC have proposed that the temporary TROs on Drove Road & Beggar's Lane be made permanent.

Polite letters of objection can be emailed to debbie.spriggs@surreycc.gov.uk

Please give your name and address otherwise you are likely to be ignored.

You do not need to be a resident of Surrey to object.

SCC TRO proposal details attached.

Objections must be in by 10th July - please write if you can, it only needs to be short.

I am keen to object to this TRO. The route is one of my local ones, the last time I went to drive it was during the snow we had earlier this year, and that was when I found the lane was closed.

What sort of reasons should I be citing in my letter?

Regards,

The prohibition

would apply to all motorised vehicles except motorcycles, horse drawn and all other vehicles exceeding

1500mm in width.

Well my Landrover is over 1500mm width so it is exempt from the prohibition, no?

Does the letter linked above form a legal part of any order? If so, keep quiet and the order will be unenforceable once made. I assume.

Will write later.

Chris

oh great, thats the only one around here that i can drive down! its annoying that they can just close it if they feel like it.. but its even more annoying that if they do close it, the stupid chavy idiots that wreck it wont care and still drive them anyway! its only honest folk like i'm sure all forum members are, that wont.

Email done and if you see anyone "abusing" the lane then report the f**kers to the police.

Take a discrete photo etc. Take no prisoners otherwise we'll lose all the lanes for good and still the chavs will drive them...

Rant over :angry:

Guest otchie1
hi, shame about the lane i used to love that one...

could someone cut and paste a good email to them so we can cut it into a new email and send her lots....

cheers

Will

You really need to write it in your own words. It doesn't have to be long or complicated. Just cover these basics.

1. Be polite

2. Say that you object to the plans to make the TROs permanent - you don't need to say why.

3. Include your name and address

If you wan to expand then feel free but it is the fact that you have objected that is important - they add all the nays and yays up and disclose the numbers at the meeting. A few thousand WTF?s will make them think twice before passing it on the nod.

Good reasons to object,

1, you're a lawful, right minded user who enjoys the peaceful pursuit of Green laning

2, the countryside is not a 'pedestrians only' walking park maintained for the benefit of the RA :-)

3, there are precious few BOATs left in Surrey and closing this one will just add to the pressure on the others

4, Illegal or nuisance users should be dealt with by the Police not by TROs

Guest otchie1
Why should motorcycles be still allowed down the lane?

TROs come in 2 flavours - those that include m/c and those that exclude them. I have no idea why that is but I assume it's to do with Traffic Law.

By excluding bikes from the ban they reduce the number of possible objectors. Later, when they extend the TRO to include bikes then they'll be even fewer objections. Divide & conqueror.