discovery ll suspension lift

stonie110

i want to lift my disco ll by about 2 inches, it has air springs on the back which i intend to keep for now. is there a kit to lift the back with air springs. also can't seem to find any 2" longer shocks for the disco ll. if i keep the standard length shocks surely they will bottom out?

any help would be great

also can't seem to find disco parts website. is it still open?

:huh:

i want to lift my disco ll by about 2 inches, it has air springs on the back which i intend to keep for now. is there a kit to lift the back with air springs. also can't seem to find any 2" longer shocks for the disco ll. if i keep the standard length shocks surely they will bottom out?

any help would be great

Discoparts stopped trading towards the end of last year.

There are kits available. I did a very quick Google search but didn't find any from the UK. There's plenty from the States. Old Man Emu seem to do one, so an OME dealer like Devon 4x4 may be able to get them.

Are you a member of the Discovery Owners Club? There's a few regular posters on their forum who have lifted their air-sprung Discoveries.

Cheers

Gary

i ended up fitting 19 rangie wheels

and 255/55/19 pirelli at tyres which worked well at tixover last weekend

cheers

Why would you need a lift, unless you are going to be getting bigger tyres (taller diameter)

as well. THe vehicle will end up looking silly.

get some spring spacers, and if need to keep standard shocks, (although im sure something like procomp/monroe would do a 2" extended ring-ring fixing shock) you could get 2" lowered shock mounts

mikey

the shocks are different to those on a series 1 disco, don't think they do a lowered mount yet.

:/, im sure you could get some made up if you could be bothered, but im sure ive seen extended shocks for disco 2's around anyway, and i know you can get the front turrets, because theyre the same as early disco turrets.

You wont bottom out the standard shocks, as the axles upward travel is the same as it was previously, and is limited by the standard bumpstops.

The main issue you'll have is that because the truck is 2" higher than normal, there will be less droop travel available becuase the standard shocks will reach full extension.

Fitting +2 shocks, or -2 turrets will mean it bottoms out earlier (and you will have to fit larger bump stops to ensure you dont wreck the shocks at full compression, but in the process you will gain more downward travel.

http://www.rovertym.com/ ==> SLS Spacer Kit

http://extec-gmbh.de/shop/index.php/cPath/3_26 Ex-Tec Fahrwerkshöherlegung Discovery II mit Luftfederung comes with ome shocks (N107 / N108) and ome front springs. you should choose ome 779 springs for the front. kit includs frame brackets to raise the frame attached air pressure lever to maintain normal levels of air pressure in the air bags.

you can also take koni shocks +2 . For lifting the airsprings the standart shocks are too short. you will hear a good noise when they go in full extension.

i am driving Ex Tec wit OME 779 front springs and konis +2 and it is great . i had this wonderfull noise with standart shocks before because i didnt wanted to spend much money. OME shocks are working also great.

Sorry about my bad english

any help would be great

Hi Stonie110,

Try this sight http://www.4x4intelligence.com.au/ .They manufacture all sorts of D2 accessories and are reasonably priced.

Cheers

Glenn