Caliper repair kit

I am looking for part numbers for a caliper repair kits both front and rear for a Defender 300tdi 1997.

Still havn't had time to download the part number file that Ralph linked me to and suspect the repair kit may not be on there anyway? :unsure:

Many thanks.

I am looking for part numbers for a caliper repair kits both front and rear for a Defender 300tdi 1997.

Still havn't had time to download the part number file that Ralph linked me to and suspect the repair kit may not be on there anyway? :unsure:

Many thanks.

Front caliper seal kit for Vented & Non-vented is AEU2539

if you spilt the calipers in half you will need 4 of these as well -- 17H8764L [4 per caliper]

Front caliper seal kit for Vented & Non-vented is AEU2539

if you spilt the calipers in half you will need 4 of these as well -- 17H8764L [4 per caliper]

I don't have 4 seals per caliper? I've split them tonight so that I can clean them 'good and proper' tomorrow but there are only 2 seals per caliper. Each has a removable steel insert through the middle. They are about 12mm deep rubber sleeves that pass through the spacer blocks in each caliper thus sealing each side on the one common seal.

Don't suppose you have a number for this type do you? I can take pics tomorrow evening if need be but google isn't bringing anything up.

Thanks,

I wonder how other folks have overhauled the vented type calipers? I can't re-use the seals removed as they have minor damage to the seal face. Thanks for taking the time to look, I will try and e-mail someone who has previously gone through the procedure and see how they got around the problem. Here's hoping that my only option is a s/h caliper as I have only split the one so far.

Cheers,

• 3 weeks later...

I thought I would update this thread. If you have the later Defender front calipers used with vented discs then do not attempt to split the calipers to clean or otherwise. The cross seals (x2 per caliper) are not available from any source that I could find. Even Lockheed now trading under a different name told me that they will not supply anyone including re-sellers. I tried many Land Rover parts suppliers and they told me similar.

So if your calipers are grubby and you consider splitting them be warned.

Regards,

Lee

I split my vented calipers today, knowing I was going to reuse the seals, which sound the same as yours, fortunately they were in good nick, unlike the rest of the calipers!

Guess it is the luck of the draw....

I split my vented calipers today, knowing I was going to reuse the seals, which sound the same as yours, fortunately they were in good nick, unlike the rest of the calipers!

Guess it is the luck of the draw....

I guess so. I was unlucky as one of the seals was not in good fettle. To be honest I would want to fit new replacements anyway. Live and learn......cost me £70 for a replacement caliper from Keith Gott.