Does anybody know what this belongs to?

serious2a

Hi, I've had this little Lucas motor lying around for some time now and I'd really like to know what it came off. It certainly LOOKS military to me, due, if nothing else to the bronze-green colour but it may not be. Obviously it is incomplete, there being only the motor and no mechanism for the worm drive to mate with, but the two attachment screws for this are still there. The first photo shows this, although the first pic was taken in too bright sunlight and is a bit over exposed.

So, can any of you experts out there help in the identification? Answers eagerly awaited........!

post-6985-1245353375_thumb.jpg

post-6985-1245353405_thumb.jpg

No, Western it's not, because I have these individual wiper motors in my S2a and it's nothing like them.

I wouldn't discard Westerns reply too quickly. I'm not a series rivet counter but I'm pretty certain that I've seen several different types of wiper motor on series wagons before they went to the S3 type. Having said that, these don't look like the ones shown in my Aus 4wds catalogue but AFAIK the single wiper types were interchangeable.

Steve

Cannot be googled , Bowie69 - no part number - must have been on the missing bit - it's only got the Lucas name on it.

I know the single motors you are referring to, SteveH , I have one of each type on my S1 & S2a (interchangeable). Nothing like the one in question. However it's not to say there is not a third type as yet undiscovered by me? I'm pretty certain it IS a wiper motor but from what vehicle?

Here's a couple of fuzzy pics of my two L/rover wiper motors for reference:-

post-6985-1245610176_thumb.jpg

post-6985-1245610202_thumb.jpg

Cannot be googled , Bowie69 - no part number - must have been on the missing bit - it's only got the Lucas name on it.

I know the single motors you are referring to, SteveH , I have one of each type on my S1 & S2a (interchangeable). Nothing like the one in question. However it's not to say there is not a third type as yet undiscovered by me? I'm pretty certain it IS a wiper motor but from what vehicle?

Here's a couple of fuzzy pics of my two L/rover wiper motors for reference:-

Bu99a, got me on that one. :( Thats pretty much what I was thinking of, so take no notice of me (or Western ;) ) Sorry I can't be of more help, trying to think of what sort of things offered such things, there could well be a whole raft of commercial vehicle aps including custom built things such as coaches , ambulances, etc which could well have been offered with such motors, also single cab jobbies such as cranes , excavators etc. Ouch, my head hurts. :lol:

Steve

No, Western it's not, because I have these individual wiper motors in my S2a and it's nothing like them.

I did say it looks like so not a defenitive statement, I've never owned a Series LR, but thought thats what it was.

could it be the motor section of the CRT unit [photo below]

on this page

post-20-1245692132_thumb.jpg

Western, you've cracked it ! - it is undoubtedly EXACTLY like the one in your pic.

Because of its bronze/green colour I figured it came from something Landrover/military and if any of these vehicles came with the type of motor in your pic, that would solve which actual vehicles used it. What does 'CRT' stand for, and do you know what L/rovers used this set-up, by the way? (later Series 2a's, 2b's or 101's perhaps?). Series 3's and the likes of Minis, etc used a lucas motor of very similar configuration but NOT like the one you've photographed.

To SteveH - no need for either of us to hurt our heads any longer! - thanks for input throughout.