Land Rover Mobile phone.

Les Henson

www.landroverphone.co.uk sells them as "SIM Free" so if it wouldn't work with any SIM I would think you could sue them for a false description!

Orange would be about as much use to me here as a set of Orange springs so it's just as well I had no intention of wasting three hundred quid anyway :)

yep i think they come sim free from that site but if your looking for a sim deal then its only orange you can get them from

Found them on another site which suggests that not only the S1 is locked to Orange but so is the Sonim Quest version

http://www.rugged-phone.co.uk/product.php/...09badee51b0b971

http://www.rugged-phone.co.uk/product.php/...09badee51b0b971

Definitely off the menu for me then :rtfm:

Steve,

I got a Sonim S1 and XP3 off eblag, both unlocked and both still performing well.

Neil

The price seems about right for it being sold as a "SIM Free" type phone. If you have a wander in a mobile phone store like Phones4u you'll find that the SIM Free phone prices are well into the hundreds, yet for PAYG the same phone can be had for a mere 30 quid. All down to what deals the manufacturer and network operators have, because in essence you are still entering a long term contract with a PAYG given most are locked to a specific network.

I have ordered one from Tesco contract site. Ordered it on sunday, and STILL waiting to hear whether it is arriving this week. Getting the arse would be an understatement.

Was free on contract. I have been on 3 so anything is a bonus signalwise!!

I have ordered one from Tesco contract site. Ordered it on sunday, and STILL waiting to hear whether it is arriving this week. Getting the arse would be an understatement.

Was free on contract. I have been on 3 so anything is a bonus signalwise!!

Got it last night. First impressions good- really solid old wheelchock of a thing.

However..... the software to connect it to the pc is arse. havent managed to get it to work yet. Maybe a windows 7 thing, but not too bothered if it doesn't work tbh.

signal is great and goes really loud if you need it to. Is very basic which i like, and the GPS is superb.

Recommended!!!!!

• 3 weeks later...

Have you got the GPS to work?

I cant get anything from it - the Java software seems to want to connect to the Internet and then reports communcations failure.

All I really want is for it to tell me my position so I can find myself on a real map - I dont want turn by turn Google map download stuff...

• 2 weeks later...
Have you got the GPS to work?

I cant get anything from it - the Java software seems to want to connect to the Internet and then reports communcations failure.

All I really want is for it to tell me my position so I can find myself on a real map - I dont want turn by turn Google map download stuff...

I've got the same problem with my XP3 Quest. It goes for all the JAVA applications.

Besides, I was truly disappointed to find the phone not being compatible MMS.

I've got the same problem with my XP3 Quest. It goes for all the JAVA applications.

Besides, I was truly disappointed to find the phone not being compatible MMS.

Solved the problem. You have to use the fifth gprs profile for JAVA to work.

Actually replying from the phone right now. :-)