Lighting regulations

bobed90

Can anyone point me in the right direction for the regs on vehicle lighting. I want to know if my 1987 90 needs to have front side indicators. also where i can legally position the lights. Does anyone know where i can get some good 7 inch round headlamps with built in sidelights?

Thanks Jason

If it's any help, I had a 1986 Metro that failed it's MoT because it should have had side repeaters. It had never had them since it was bought new by my grandmother, but I still had to fit some to get the ticket.

Can anyone point me in the right direction for the regs on vehicle lighting. I want to know if my 1987 90 needs to have front side indicators. also where i can legally position the lights. Does anyone know where i can get some good 7 inch round headlamps with built in sidelights?

Thanks Jason

Work on the premise that as LR fitted them from new then Yes they are required to be fitted.

side repeater indicators cab be bought from most LR parts suppliers or from VWP or auto electrical suppliers.

they don't have to be the same shape as the originals but do have to show a amber/orange light when operating.

Rather than ploughing through large official tomes the IVA or SVA manuals have it all in a table with diagrams of the positions. Also of importance is the angles from which you must be able to see the lamp in question.

I made a mistake on this with the Dakar. Nicely positioned all the lights then later fitted the bull bar which nicely obscured several lights.

Steve

Can anyone point me in the right direction for the regs on vehicle lighting. I want to know if my 1987 90 needs to have front side indicators.

87 was the change over year for side repeaters , Not sure if it was March 87 . But no doubt someone will be along to confirm yes or no

Thanks for all of the replies, fountain of knowledge as all ways :) I think i will fit a set of low profile side repeaters to be on the safe side i was just trying to avoid future damage.

I still need to read through the regs again to clarify my rear light set up.

Thanks again

Jason