battery size

audiman

Had to disconect the battery last night as needed tank strap for lpg welding back together after I broke it at a pay and play site at weekend

Noticed that battery was loose and there appears to be no clamp holding this down I am assuming this has been removed at some point and never refitted my question is this a part I can readily get or is it time to fabricate something

regards

Lee :)

I have merged the two posts as they appeared to be on the same subject.

I think they all used an 072 on the Discovery 1 in which case yes. What you will find is that the original Discovery battery clamp no longer fits the top of the current equivalent battery sold by Land Rover :rolleyes: the old batteries had a stepped top while the newer sealed ones have a completely flat top, the clamp won't go down over it and the threaded bars are not long enough to sit it on top of the battery.

Easiest thing in this case is just to get a couple of bits of M6 threaded stud bar that are long enough (the original ones are not IIRC), get a short offcut of steel bar and drill a couple of holes in each end to make a simple flat clamp across the top. I think the D1 clamp has hooks on the bottom but you can bend these in the bottom of the stud bar, a bit of heat can help if available.

What stops the battery moving towards the wing?

On mine, i've got two hooks with threaded sections on the end and a piece of angled metal that clips onto the edge of the battery closest to the middle of the vehicle and pushes it towards the wing, however there appears to be nothing to stop the battery moving towards the wing, and the wiring conduit that runs round the battery tray has been mangled to destruction, and the battery is mashed into the wires...

Hope that makes sense!