Mantec snorkel on a TD5 90/110

Les Henson

I have one but have avoided deep water. It is billed as a 'raised air intake' rather than a 'snorkel'. The connection between wing and snorkel is just neoprene gasket and so you would not guarantee a seal - though it probably does. I suggest it would be easy enough to make it seal properly, either with loads of silicone or better yet by adapting some form of spiggot to fit the bottom of the snorkel and then piping direct to the (unsealed) airbox.

Take a look in the tech archive (IIRC) and see my fitting guide.

Chris

You can leave the aerial in the same hole through the wing but IIRC you have to do away with the support bracket at the bottom. Mine is in the garage at the wrong house at the moment but I think what I did was to put a bit of foam around the bit inside the wing (used a piece of 15mm pipe insulation) and cable tied that onto the intake pipe. It probably is slanted a bit but not enough to worry about.