ALARM ON DISCO 1

suveer

Hi all

I have 300 tdi disco 1, 1997. After fitting a new battery today the alarm started going off. It would not stop until i unplugged the the siren/speaker under the hood. All i did was change the battery.

Any ideas on what to do now?

cheers

What's going off the peep peep peep alarm or the wheeooeeooeeoo BBUS sounder?

In either case I would have thought all you need to do would be disarm the alarm with the remote and it would shut everything up but possible problems depend on which one it is that is playing up.

What's going off the peep peep peep alarm or the wheeooeeooeeoo BBUS sounder?

In either case I would have thought all you need to do would be disarm the alarm with the remote and it would shut everything up but possible problems depend on which one it is that is playing up.

Hi Bogmonster

It is the Wheeoeeeeoeeeoeeeeoeee. i tried disarming it with the remote but it doesn't help...

Usually they get grumpy if you disconnect the battery without following the correct procedure (which is something like ignition on, then ignition off and disconnect battery within 15 seconds, easiest with 2 people) - but if you reconnect it then it should respond to the disarm command.

Have you tried locking it and then unlocking again? I am not sure what logic the BBUS uses to trigger but loss of battery supply is certainly one of them. Other than that I can't really think of anything - most vehicles here never had them fitted so I've had little experience of them except throwing them away when they don't work - vehicle crime isn't really a problem here :)

Does it go off with the ignition on, with the ignition off, or both, or randomly or what? Generally if you unplug the siren (so it loses power without following the correct procedure) it should start going off, which seems to be the opposite to what you have. It would suggest maybe a faulty BBUS or dead internal battery.

If all else fails then dropping a squealy one in a bucket of water usually quietens it down a bit :)

It stays on, irrespective if the ignition is on or off. So to stop it i just unplugged the the wire from the unit. To be honest i did not follow the correct procedure when i disconnected the battery. i did not know at the time. Is there anyway to remedy this now.

I think it should disarm if receiving the right signal from the alarm ECU so it is probably F***ed - you might be able to sort it with a visit to a diagnostic computer but I honestly can't remember - as I said the only dealings with them have usually involved a bin :)

Ok, so when did the alarm start sounding was it when the vehicle battery was first dis-connected or re-connected, if only when re-connected, thats an indication the the Nicad battery in the sounder is flat which is understandable as it is 11 or 12 years old, which is also confirmed by removing the plug and the sound stops. The idea of a self-contained sounder is that it would sound as soon as the 12v vehicle supply is removed.

Therefore using the procedure required to stop the sounder sounding when the vehicles battery was disconnected is not require.

Did you re-sinc the alarm fob after you reconnected the battery? with out that you would be unable to set or unset the alarm or even silence the sounder should it sound on re-connection of the vehicle battery.

hi teabag,

the steps of events are as follows.

1. original battery was giving up on me as it was approx 5 years old. Hard dying start.

2. went to battery shop to buy new battery

3. removed old battery

4. fitted new battery. Connected the negative and then as th ethe positive terminal was connected, the sounder started and would not stop until the battery was again disconnected.

5. Eventually removed the sounder plug and drove home.

6. As soon as i attempt to reconnect the sounder plug it starts going offf again.

With regard to re syncing the fob, no, i did not. No clue as to how its done.

Thx Teabag. will await some advice.

had the same problem, tried all of the above , put up with it for a while then when it done it again i took the biggest fcuking hammer and ................................................................................

........ well i think you can guess the rest

i know its not right but hay it made me smile. :lol::lol::lol::lol:

• 2 weeks later...