Leaf springs

Now that my truck has passed the MOT, and I can actually drive her on the road, I've found that the front springs are truly diabolical.

I've soaked them in WD40 and old engine oil and they have loosened up quite nicely, however they are still extremely stiff. I suspect this might be something to do with the large amount of weight trimming I have done in the fitting of a V8 - I forget the numbers but it is considerably lighter than the 2.25.

Can I remove a leaf or two from the springs to ease them up a bit? Or is this a really bad idea?

Yes you can , if you go down to 7 or 8 leafs it should be fine, you have disassemble the spring pack and make new spring clamps. Remember, less leafs more axle wrap or tramp.............

G

Can't you just fit parabolics, James. They are a softer spring anyway and will easily handle the weight reduction.

I could....I've just been looking at paddocks website. I'm guessing they are probably not the best supplier - can someone suggest another?

Yes you can , if you go down to 7 or 8 leafs it should be fine, you have disassemble the spring pack and make new spring clamps. Remember, less leafs more axle wrap or tramp.............

Lovely. Spring clamps shouldn't be an issue, and she isn't an offroad monster, so not worrying too much about axle wrap. The worst she will see is a greenlane.

Can't you just fit parabolics, James. They are a softer spring anyway and will easily handle the weight reduction.

Les.

Les

Im looking to fitting parabolics. From what I've heard then the best options are Rocky Mountain or Heystee.

I've tried to make a deal with Heystee, but that seems quite difficult ?

Does anybody now how to make a deal with him ?

Cheers

Morten