Megasquirt

rockyrock

I have a 94 discovery 1 es 3.9v8. Looks like my airflow meter is knackered. would this be a good time to get a megasquirt. I have read some of the threads but to be honest my mind is on other issues at the moment and most of it went over my head. has any recently fitted a megasquirt if so was it easy to fit and where is the best place to buy. I am in birmingham.

IMVHO it is an enthusiasts thing and if you haven't got time to read up on it I would suggest it might not be for you. A new AFM will be a lot quicker :)

thanks , will look at it again when i get my life back.

^^^

Wot he said.

Whilst the thread I shoved on here gives an A-Z how to

it is not a 5 min job, requires a level of commitment to learning and time

to work through what needs doing. ECUs etc can be built for you, harness loom converters

the same, but you need to do a shed load of work even then.

The 2 key reasons for going MS are either a total F'd off ness with water and V8s

or and a highly tuned V8 that the lucas kit doesn't like and your considering a EPROM ReMap

for me it was both

However, to balance the above An AFM = 2 clips and a Debit card

Your choice

:)

Nige

I'd agree with the answers above but not the reasons. If you just want it back on the road then just buy a new AFM and think about MS later, AFM's aren't proper money these days.

Leaving the factory loom in place and sticking an MS on the end is pretty quick and painless IF you can read a wiring diagram, the biggest problem with hotwire is sorting out all the wires you no longer need :P with a bit of prep work you can make the switch in an hour or two.