what are the 5 relays?

Weird, isn't it? The wiring diagram shows it for all 90/110 vehicles (and probably all pre-ecu machines), and if there isn't an electric fuel pump then the relay does nothing at all. The pump feed appears as white/purple on the same connector as the fuel tank sender, seat belt switch, etc., so I guess the pump would have been in the tank or close to it. Why the relay isn't optional I have no idea.

Not something to do with the stop solenoid is it? Just a thought.

Indicators by switch - trailer and indicator warning lights flash on dash, trailer one should flash three times. [i think you need the trailer type flasher relay for this]

Indicators by hazard - switch should flash trailer warning light, and either dash warning light, or a warning light in the switch. My old 1987 90 flashed dash lights, but my 1989 110 flashes trailer warning and switch. I assume this is because it left Solihull with a tow pack option.

Mine were a law unto themselves until I replaced the flasher relay, and the warning light in the hazard switch failed MOT, replaced with a Mini one, exactly the same.

So, having replaced my Hazard warning switch with a Carling one, it is correct to flash the trailer warning light and the light in the switch itself? If that's correct I'm very happy!!!

I was trying to find out why it didn't flash the dash indicator light.

Malcolm

Sorry folks, also meant to say - can you get a replacement flasher relay that clicks louder? I'm a bit deaf and it would help, I've tried wiring a buzzer across the indicator bulb but it's polarity sensitive and only works when I signal left!! :blink:

Malcolm

So, having replaced my Hazard warning switch with a Carling one, it is correct to flash the trailer warning light and the light in the switch itself? If that's correct I'm very happy!!!

Its what mine does, so we're in it together!

Sorry folks, also meant to say - can you get a replacement flasher relay that clicks louder? I'm a bit deaf and it would help, I've tried wiring a buzzer across the indicator bulb but it's polarity sensitive and only works when I signal left!!

You want either a good old fashioned electro mechanical buzzer (good luck) or one of these (W005 will do). Connect the two legs with "~" on them accross the indicator lamp, the red wire on the buzzer to "+" and the balck wire to "-". It'll work both ways then. :D

Old Hand - Thanks very much, I'm near a Maplins tomorrow so will get one. Basic electrickery I'm OK with, it's this sort of stuff I need the help of clever people like you.

The other drivers in Cheshire will thank you as well as they won't have to play "guess if he's turning or forgotten again". I find the light on the panel is perfectly hidden by the steering wheel centre!

:huh:

Old Hand - Thanks very much, I'm near a Maplins tomorrow so will get one. Basic electrickery I'm OK with, it's this sort of stuff I need the help of clever people like you.

The other drivers in Cheshire will thank you as well as they won't have to play "guess if he's turning or forgotten again". I find the light on the panel is perfectly hidden by the steering wheel centre!

:huh:

No problems, Member (the user name is the big one, Old Hand just means I've stayed interested long enough to clock up 200 posts).

In a very minor update to my instructions, for balck read black!