Which 300tdi does NOT have the ECU?

Guest otchie1

Guest otchie1

I'm trying to pin down exactly when the ECU and fly-by-wire throttle was added to the 300TDi. Some say it was on all autos; some say 'later' autos.

Does anyone actually know for sure?

Automatics from some point in 1995 in the UK market all had ECU/Fly by wire

I think it was when the VIN changed to the 96 model mid 1995 when they changed it over. I guess it would be possible to have an older one registered late etc, but the VIN number check would still be correct

Guest otchie1
Automatics from some point in 1995 in the UK market all had ECU/Fly by wire

I think it was when the VIN changed to the 96 model mid 1995 when they changed it over. I guess it would be possible to have an older one registered late etc, but the VIN number check would still be correct

Thanks for that - a perfect answer :)

They never had the EDC engine in ROW market autos - even the late ones were still a standard engine

My 1996 3 door 300Tdi Auto was bought new in London, and had no EDC, windows, two sun roofs and door mirrors are manual.

My 1996 3 door 300Tdi Auto was bought new in London, and had no EDC, windows, two sun roofs and door mirrors are manual.

What VIN region is it? I'm guessing it's one that was sat around for a while before being registered - also have you owned it since new as a few people have retor fitted the mechanical system

does that affect manuals as well just bought a manual 300 tdi 1997 and last week when i bought it i never gave it a thought to look i thought they where all mechanical.

graham

1962 2a swb 200 tdi.

1997 disco 1 300 tdi.

Nope only Autos

The EDC system is a good system - the EDC discos fly compared to a standard untweaked 300tdi - it's just when you get problems that it becomes a real pain

What VIN region is it? I'm guessing it's one that was sat around for a while before being registered - also have you owned it since new as a few people have retor fitted the mechanical system

VIN: SALLJGBF3TA88997

Thats 1996 model on then so likely build dates from around Sep/Oct 1995 onwards - not sure exactly when 96MY started but would have been about then.

I just wondered as some of the emissions carp was optional for a while here - EGR etc.

But MA started in about March or April 94 just to bllx up the theory though you did say "supposed to" :)

In the day job I get to see stuff about this and it varies wildly. We are already well into 2010MY Freelanders for example, and I think the D3/D4 started early as well.

Microcat is a bit vague about everything ... much prefer a paper parts book where I can cross out the f ups and write the correct info in!