extended breathers

I have just bought an extended breather wading kit off e-bay, it contains connections for both axles, gear box and transfer box now all this is very clear but they have also included connections for the bellhousing and the timimg cover (both of these are normally left open and only closed off when wading with blanking plugs). Would fitting a permemant breather pipe to these two areas be a problem?

Is the timing cover the one on the face of the engine where the pulleys are? if so thats the one i have, bottom of the bell housing one sound like it may get caught and ripped off

Dave.

no it's to go in the hole on the under side of the timimg cover.

Having a breather at the bottom of a volume likely to have liquids in it at some stage sounds a bit daft to me..............

That was my other thought.

You can get a breather for the timing cover like the one here http://www.llama4x4.com/page9.htm it fits over the inspection cover. As bish said they can potentially end up with oil in and then they will be blocked and cause problems.

Dave.

no problem to have them sealed all the time, just occasionally drop the drain plug to check for leaks.

If you're prepared to take the tunnel cover off, there is a convinent plug / bolt in the top of the bellhousing, which is where mine attaches. Leaves the drain plug hole available.

Timing cover - I think you can get inspection plates pre-fitted, but I just thickend it with a bit of sheet and tapped it for a 1/8 bsp 6mm push fit fitting.

Both axles, both gear boxes, drum winch, bell housing and timing cover all come up to manifold on the bulkhead, then one line into the air intake via a fabricated jobbie and then up to the top of the snorkel, inside.

I'll be taking some snaps at some point, I'll post some piccies.