seatbelt recoil

After most of the major work i'm now getting around to all the fiddly jobs, the drivers side seatbelt on our 110 won't recoil properly, it generally just hangs out like it's a foot and a bit too long, this has lead to it catching on the door lock and getting frayed slightly, it passed the last MOT but i'd like to get it sorted before it gets worse,

is it possible to service them and tighten it up? or is it replacement time?

After most of the major work i'm now getting around to all the fiddly jobs, the drivers side seatbelt on our 110 won't recoil properly, it generally just hangs out like it's a foot and a bit too long, this has lead to it catching on the door lock and getting frayed slightly, it passed the last MOT but i'd like to get it sorted before it gets worse,

is it possible to service them and tighten it up? or is it replacement time?

I have just replaced mine as i'm not sure you can service them

Is there a difference between the front and back seatbelt reels? i've got the reels from when i stripped the back of seats and belts...

I have the same problem with too little recoil on some old original land rover parts seatbelts. I ordered the replacements sold by ExmoorTrim and others, but they had less recoil new out of the box than the old worn original ones. Also the belt material was thinner and narrover and the mechanism looked a lot less confidence inspiring than the original part.

I have looked in vain for a source for new original parts seat belts. All the usual parts suppliers seem to have in stock are the Exmoor ones or the "Securon" brand which I have also tried, with the same lack of result.

Anyone know an online supplier who carries original Land rover seat belts or a proper replacement for a 1988 90" softtop?

I haven't yet asked an authorized Land Rover shop. Hope I won't have to and doubt they have anything in stock for elder models anyway.

Is there a difference between the front and back seatbelt reels? i've got the reels from when i stripped the back of seats and belts...

Difference in the latch stalks on the floor & could be a difference in the length of the seatbelt webbing. I'd go for New items, steer well clear of any 2nd hand seatbelts [how much is your life worth ? ]

Difference in the latch stalks on the floor & could be a difference in the length of the seatbelt webbing. I'd go for New items, steer well clear of any 2nd hand seatbelts [how much is your life worth ? ]

Ralph every one with a landie has 9 lives. We are all cats and can survive the planet. :unsure: .. I did try repairing my belt once but then big blaaaaang and all the recoil spring came dagling in my hands :huh::o .. Best get new ones if you value your life.

Yeah, thanks for that jbs. Most people will know that Britpart also supply genuine LR and other branded parts. I was just surprised at the quality of the seatbelts I got. They were the same Securon type as Bearmach, a fiver cheaper each, and excellent value.

I would avoid certain Britpart branded items (bearings, wheelboxes) but other items are often genuine at a good price. My local Britpart blokey does GKN UJs and Timken bearing at very good prices for example, and their outrigger replacement panels were excellent. Don't be so blinkered and closed minded, you may miss out.