Timing Belk Kit

I didn't want to start a new topic on this so: Les, after reading you tech article, I decided to get the FULL kit. I.e. Belt, Gasket, crank sprocket, Tensioner, idler, nut, bolt, stud. Is this the correct parts (STC4096L), or the one you would choose. As it says **itpart/Bearmach and I only want the best!

I can't tell from the picture if the sprocket is the one-piece item that you get in the Bearmach kit, but it looks like it. I've never fitted a Britpart timing belt kit, so I don't know if the two are the same.

Les.

You say you bought a kit for £60 in the tech archive, where did you get your parts?

So is the ~£40 kit from Paddocks worth avoiding then?

Cheers

I think I need the 'kit 2' kit as I'm not sure if my crank sprocket is the one piece one already. Seeing as I'm gonna take it off anyway, to replace the seal, I thought I may as well get the same kit as les did when writing the tech archive here

also more info here

Damn it! Feeling slightly neurotic about this now, but I've ordered one from Craddocks and low and behold... It's a britpart kit. Dayco belts, Britpart tensioner and idler, and an 'unbranded' pully which looks one piece, but I don't think it is as it has what looks like spot welds round the outside..

Should I send it back, I have emailed Bearmach this morning, but do I take the hit of return postage (can't be that much)?!

I wish Britpart just didn't exist...

Damn it! Feeling slightly neurotic about this now, but I've ordered one from Craddocks and low and behold... It's a britpart kit. Dayco belts, Britpart tensioner and idler, and an 'unbranded' pully which looks one piece, but I don't think it is as it has what looks like spot welds round the outside..

Should I send it back, I have emailed Bearmach this morning, but do I take the hit of return postage (can't be that much)?!

I wish Britpart just didn't exist...

Would be interested to hear how you get on, I also emailed Bearmach this morning I'm just hoping they don't quote a ludicrously high price!

you might be able to send it back as its not fit for purpose :ph34r:

Good idea, but I'm not sure they'll fall for it.... I've just got in touch with Bearmach in Cardiff who said they won't post to me (a 'Privater') and even if i got my mates company to order it, they (bearmach themselves) are out of stock anyway... I'm just gonna fit the ****part kit... Can't be that bad surely???

Good idea, but I'm not sure they'll fall for it.... I've just got in touch with Bearmach in Cardiff who said they won't post to me (a 'Privater') and even if i got my mates company to order it, they (bearmach themselves) are out of stock anyway... I'm just gonna fit the ****part kit... Can't be that bad surely???

...Think I'll take the same tactic but just order from Paddocks, I can't find a kit on Craddocks! Got the same response from Bearmach, they said they didn't know when the next supply would come through and would probably be a minimum of 4 weeks