bowmotor - warn 9.5ti

davidlandy

• 1 year later...

Have you tried to fit this yet?

I stuck a Bowmotor 1 on my ancient Warn M8000. 'Twas a direct swap, same splines, same motor fixing screw positions etc, although the Bow is a tad longer than the original motor.

I'd be surprised if it wouldn't fit another similar sized member of the Warn family.

• 2 years later...

Hi Guys

I have a 9.5ti with a burnt out motor that I need to replace, I was wanting to upgrade it to a bigger motor, did anybody get a good result from the last questions.

I am looking at using a standard 20 spline motor and making and adaptor with my stuffed armature, do you know if anybody has done this.

Cheers

Paul

David Bowyer keeps a stock of the motor adapters from inside Tds winches - a female 20 spline to an 8mm Hex socket. It's easy to drill out the hex socket to fit a different shaft and weld the two together.

Alternatively, if you drill a ring of 10 x 4mm holes around a 14mm PCD, then bore out the middle to 14.7mm, it gives you a socket which drives on every second spline. Since the peak torque of the motor is less than 30Nm, this provides more than enough strength. I've used it on several winch adaptions. This is obviously much easier if you have a mill!

Si

I spoke to David Bower about this when my warn ti died. He informed me that only option was new motor from warn, as they have a different drive to all other winches. So I sold it on eBay, as spares or repair, and was amazed at what I got. Then brought a goodwinch.

Andy

Thanks for the replies, yes I have been in contact with David, very helpful, I am looking at the Bow motor 2 and adapting it, I am looking at the 20 spline and hex drive of the super winch as an adaptor.

I saw this thread and thought someone may have had a magic bullet but I think I am on the right track now.

In regards to Bow motors is 4000rpm or 5000 rpm more desirable

Cheers

Paul