Fuel gauge

Athena

Hi all, first thing to say every time I need advice I pop onto the forum and some one will have asked the question already it's great! cheers everyone

Now for my question, my 1987 2.5td has a fuel gauge that moves up and down with the motion of the fuel in the tank, I presume the sender unit in the tank iS knackered? would it be a simple case of replacing this unit and connecting to the existing fuel gauge, if so what cost am I looking at,

Thanks

Dan

I recently replaced my sender as it was only showing empty. Cost about £12+vat from 4x4Store Exeter I think.

Just take the seat out, remove the panel, take off the 3 wires, bash the screw ring round to loosen it and lift it out. New one goes back in the same way. One of the few simple things I've done recently, only about 10 mins once I'd cleaned the muck off the top of the tank.

Rich

would a new sender cure a flickering fuel warning light? it only seems to flicker when the needles at the 3/4 to full position and 1/4 to empty. when its sat in the middle half its fine.

ta

doubt it, taking the low fuel light bulb out would though