adjustable height tow hitch setup

Mark

I currently have this setup on the back of my Disco as I tow several different trailers, and need to be able to set the hitch height quickly and easily, as well being able to remove the whole lot similarly quickly:

gallery_92_191_118761.jpg

It is a southdown tank guard and removable hitch plate, with a Dixon Bate Ladder attached to it (slightly modified).

As far as achieving my aims it is perfect - easy to change and remove as required. However the saddle on the ladder pivots on the single pin, which is noisy, and a little disconcerting with heavier loads.

Does anyone know if there is a saddle available that has 2 pins through it or if there is another ladder/saddle arrangement that does not allow the saddle to move?

If anyone has a spare saddle, of a complete arrangement I would be very interested.

Thanks

Mark

would it not be a simple operation to drill two holes in it

Wot he said. As long as you have 1.5 x the diameter of the hole from the centre of the hole to the edge of the plate, that would be the simplest of solutions surely?