Discovery Wheels

Bigwood

I have a 200TDI Discovery with the standard size steel rims and Cooper ST,s. I seem to go through periods of slow punchures, got one last weekend and one today. My local tyre fitter keeps re-sealing and cleaning the rims but always says buy some new rims it will solve the problem. Is there any sealant I can put in the tyres, if not any thoughts on Modulars or Eight Spoke to replace the origoals. :unsure:

like its been said spray a solution of fariy liquid over the tyres including the bead and look for bubbles if the bead is clean it shouldnt leak there is a solution made by tip top for sealing beads we often use it on jcb rear tyres,chris.

I have a 200TDI Discovery with the standard size steel rims and Cooper ST,s. I seem to go through periods of slow punchures, got one last weekend and one today. My local tyre fitter keeps re-sealing and cleaning the rims but always says buy some new rims it will solve the problem. Is there any sealant I can put in the tyres, if not any thoughts on Modulars or Eight Spoke to replace the origoals. :unsure:

I used this stuff in my old Range Rover -

http://shop.difflock.com/-c-61_62.html

It solved the problem I had with two of my tyres going down slowly.

They never went completey flat - once they got to about 18psi they stopped going down

I attributed the problem to porous rims.

I have the same problem on 3 of mine (7 years old, 155k miles). The worst one needs blowing up every 3 weeks (drops from 30 psi to 20 psi in 3 weeks). I had a local tyre fitter clean and re-seal the beading, worked on 3 to varying degrees, no omprovement on one.

I've just "obtained" some wheels to use whilst mine are removed, and taken to a refinisher to be bead blasted, and refinished.

Then it's a set of new BFG AT's to finish off...