Recommend me tyre pressures?

Jimbo-TD5

hi, I have run discos for a few years and normally put 28psi in the front and 38psi in the rear. When towing, I increase the rear to 48psi. I know at normal pressure (28&38) the tyres do look a bit soft, but this is normal and the tyres seem to last pretty well.

Hope this helps.

hi all, my discovery 2 has 245/75 16 colway MTs on it, and I dont know what pressure to put in them, they currently have 38ish all round, but for some reason the back tyres looks soft. Is there supposed to be more air in the back??

Its difficult for us to sit behind our computers and recommend what pressure that you should run in your tires. The first thing to do is to read the manufactures figures that are in your owners hand book for the disco. Using those figures as a guide, you can add or reduce the pressures to suit your driving and loads that you carry. For Gawds sake don't read the tire side and then add air till it reaches that figure! :o

You have radial tires, there will always be a bulge in the tires it's normal. ;)

Finally, there is normally more pressure in the front tires than the rears because the vehicle is heavier at the front when unladden. BUT don't take that for gospel. :ph34r:

Todd.

Its difficult for us to sit behind our computers and recommend what pressure that you should run in your tires. The first thing to do is to read the manufactures figures that are in your owners hand book for the disco. Using those figures as a guide, you can add or reduce the pressures to suit your driving and loads that you carry. For Gawds sake don't read the tire side and then add air till it reaches that figure! :o

You have radial tires, there will always be a bulge in the tires it's normal. ;)

Finally, there is normally more pressure in the front tires than the rears because the vehicle is heavier at the front when unladen. BUT don't take that for gospel. :ph34r:

Todd.

Hi Todd, Can't agree with your final statement at all. If you look in the book of almost any car you will see more pressure is required in the rear tyres, even though your logic relating to Disco's seems fine, the recommended pressures are (depending on tyre size and weight loaded) 26 in the front and 36 in the rear.

Running on BFG/AT 245/70R16's

Tar

Unladen : 2.3F 2.5R

Fully Loaded: 2.5F 2.7R

Gravel

Unladen : 2.1F 2.3R

Fully Loaded: 2.3F 2.5R

Sand

Unladen : 1.2F 1.4R

Fully Loaded: 1.6F 1.8R

Offroad

Unladen : 1.8F 2.0R