My new Toy!

Its a 110 TDI 3 speed auto. Despite military colour scheme It is not an Exmilitary it was originally an electricity board vehicle (hence gas bottle locker on near side). The auto conversion was from new and carried out by VMTP of Shrewsbury. The original engine was a 19J but 85bhp is not a lot to drive a 110 through a Torqueflight box and it was getting tired. It was replaced by a 200tdi from a ’96 vehicle (claimed 40K) fitted in late 2001 at about 101K. At approx 118K it had a new torque converter fitted and the gearbox serviced (seals etc) while it was out of the vehicle. A new fuel tank was fitted last year. Recently It was fitted with re-conditioned injectors and new glow plugs. It was serviced (air/fuel/oil filters and oil) in September last year and has done only a few hundred miles since. There has been the usual replacement of exhaust bits and drive shaft U/Js over the years. The vehicle is fitted with an hydraulic winch manufactured by Superwinch of (Original fitting). The winch capacity is unknown but I would guess about 2-3 tonnes. The hydraulic pump is driven from the PTO and the pump is engaged and the winch operated from the cab. Sorry I can not post pics on here.

Paul

Wow, nice one Paul. I had an ex NEEB 110 for a while but the guy I bought it from had kept the winch for himself. What colour was this originaly? Mine came in Orange and the neighbours offered to repaint it for me so I can appreciate why someone might choose to go nato.

BTW You can post pics if you use 'My Controls', create and album and just upload.

Wow, nice one Paul. I had an ex NEEB 110 for a while but the guy I bought it from had kept the winch for himself. What colour was this originaly? Mine came in Orange and the neighbours offered to repaint it for me so I can appreciate why someone might choose to go nato.

BTW You can post pics if you use 'My Controls', create and album and just upload.

You would not think I fix computers and carnt post a pic :rolleyes: Not sure of the colour before it was painted. I will take a look tomorrow. It has only had 3 owners from new. I am going to see if I can trace the company that put the Auto in. As they were only 20 miles from me. As for Orange, I am thinking of Dyno-rod day-glow orange, as I want something to stand out!!

Paul

Hi Paul, I've heard about this conversion. I guess it'll never set the world on fire for performance but its a very tough, reliable setup.

I hope so. It was done (the auto) by a proper company. The man I had off founf the old TD was not good enough so had the TDI fitted. The good thing is that the gear shifter is mounted on the dash and not where the middle seat would be. I will get some more pics tomorrow.

Paul